Joe Sakic - blue Nordiques uni
Jarri Kurri - white Oilers uni
Paul Coffey - blue Oilers uni
Cam Neely - white Bruins uni

I could go on forever.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Of teams that have undergone drastic changes to their uniforms, I would say only Calgary (not the current alternative one), Phoenix and New Jersey have current jerseys I like better than what they wore in the past; in Vancouver's case, I like the current one but it is not their best.

Some of the past I like:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

Using 1988-89 from NHLUniforms.com's web site -- Washington's red, white and blue, Quebec's jerseys and the Flyers' orange.

Toronto, Edmonton and St. Louis from 1982-83 as an example.

Vancouver and Los Angeles from 1972-73.

California Golden Seals and Pittsburgh from 1975-76.

Of them all, the Seals and Canucks would be 1-2.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
MiamiScreamingEagles said:
Of teams that have undergone drastic changes to their uniforms, I would say only Calgary (not the current alternative one), Phoenix and New Jersey have current jerseys I like better than what they wore in the past; in Vancouver's case, I like the current one but it is not their best.

Some of the past I like:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

Using 1988-89 from NHLUniforms.com's web site -- Washington's red, white and blue, Quebec's jerseys and the Flyers' orange.

Toronto, Edmonton and St. Louis from 1982-83 as an example.

Vancouver and Los Angeles from 1972-73.

California Golden Seals and Pittsburgh from 1975-76.

Of them all, the Seals and Canucks would be 1-2.

Seals and Nords for me. I had a pair of teal Seals pants when I was a teenager but my mom hated me wearing them for games and threw them out. My team colors were the Islanders and I wore the teal pants with 1 purple Kings sock, 1 white Bruins sock, and an Islanders jersey. What the hell was I thinking??

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a blue Colorado Rockies, but only because it was on major clearance I got it for like 40 bucks

vcx*

i have every single canuck jersey style ever made, so i won't list that.

I have the North Stars (the then away jersey) jersey with Modano and another one with Broten.

I don't wear the jersies i just have them, going to buy a thick display frame to display them in sometime in the future. Would look cool in a games room.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Steelhead16 said:
Seals and Nords for me. I had a pair of teal Seals pants when I was a teenager but my mom hated me wearing them for games and threw them out. My team colors were the Islanders and I wore the teal pants with 1 purple Kings sock, 1 white Bruins sock, and an Islanders jersey. What the hell was I thinking??

As long as there aren't pictures that can be used against you. :)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
hotwheels said:
I don't wear the jersies i just have them, going to buy a thick display frame to display them in sometime in the future. Would look cool in a games room.

If I had them I would wear them. But to each his own. My buddy "retires" his jerseys in the "rafters" of his garage. It actually looks pretty cool to have them all hanging above you, but you need a high ceiling

FutureConsiderations

Dec 29, 2005
Brookline, MA
http://mvp.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2045951&cp=1889547.1220212&parentPage=family

Love those old 1970's Bruins jerseys.

The blue Nordiques ones were pretty sweet, and the blue Buffalo ones are also classic. Heard a rumor that they were bringing back the old Buffalo jersey/logo/color scheme. Any truth to this?

The 1996 Eastern All-Stars Jerseys (the teal ones) were also pretty sweet. That was also my favorite hockey moment, with the hometown arena erupting as Bourque scored the GWG with just seconds left to play. Looked pretty sweet, even from the very last row in the balcony!!

Of modern jerseys, I like Colorado's alternate, the white Senators jersey, and even the red Blackhawks sweaters. The NHL definitely needs a return to simplicity in its jerseys, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->