TV: Favorite Simpsons Moments - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008

697879.jpg

Reactions: Primary Assist

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I watched "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish" (S02E11) again last night. The first 8 minutes are some of the best 8 minutes of the show, IMO.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Some New Orleans residents were apparently miffed at how their city was portrayed in that episode.

There’s a Bart chalkboard gag in a subsequent episode where he says “I will not defame New Orleans.”

I think it's because the opening number of the play has a line that says something like New Orleans is a city of drunks and whores and that the city itself is a vile, foul-smelling swamp.

EDIT: I hadn't realized the original post was so old. I ended up back there based on a quote from the other day a few posts up without looking at the previous timestamp.

Last edited:

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
I think it's because the opening number of the play has a line that says something like New Orleans is a city of drunks and whores and that the city itself is a vile, foul-smelling swamp.

EDIT: I hadn't realized the original post was so old. I ended up back there based on a quote from the other day a few posts up without looking at the previous timestamp.
Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder

Reactions: cjerina and NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->