Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Whitney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sid and Geno are too close to call, and honestly aren't even on the list for me. They're in a tier several above anyone else so it's not really fair. I went with Hornqvist. Loved the dude in Nashville, was over the moon when we got him. Love his play, love his intensity, love his style.

HM: Staal, Gonchar, Kessel, and Hossa.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@KIRK would be so proud. I thought Sid would walk away with this one.

I thought Sid would be winning comfortably too. No way to tell but do you think there is a little bias against Sid in these votes because he’s considered the best (generally) and gets a lot more media exposure.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly I’m perplexed that Iginla and Roberts even got two votes...their tenures were so short on the Pens....it’s not who your favorite player is in the nhl (wouldn’t mind that)....it’s who’s your favorite player on this Pens team...

I’m not surprised that Geno is neck-to-neck with Sid in this vote...it’s not who the best player is...favorite player is a lot more complicated....

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How does Iginla get 2 votes and I'm the only one who voted for Guentzel. Y'all are f***ed up.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why the f*** are Sid and Geno even in the poll?

No shit they are #1-2.

Shouldn't the poll been who we liked best/brought most to their position in the supporting cast???

Roberts did a lot to instill work ethic in a young team. And apparently has done a lot for players off the ice in the meantime. Not having a Roberts in the locker room in the middle years likely hurt the team. And why they were hell bent on getting Cullen back now.

Reactions: Al Smith

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why the **** are Sid and Geno even in the poll?

No **** they are #1-2.

Shouldn't the poll been who we liked best/brought most to their position in the supporting cast???

Roberts did a lot to instill work ethic in a young team. And apparently has done a lot for players off the ice in the meantime. Not having a Roberts in the locker room in the middle years likely hurt the team. And why they were hell bent on getting Cullen back now.

Why are Sid and Geno on the poll?

Easy... look at how close this is. It was a definite 1/2, but we got ourselves a race!

Reactions: EightyOne

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The Sid and Geno inclusions are a little odd to me as well. The vast majority of people adore both of them, and for good reason. Sid's a top-5 player all time in my opinion, a consummate professional, as good an ambassador to the game as the sport's ever had, and just as good a human being off the ice. Geno's got a great sense of humor and is supremely likable as a dude on top of also being one of the best ever to play (imo top-15). Both guys have a level of skill and ability most teams never see on their roster, and the sport as a whole only sees once every several decades. Obviously they are beloved, they're legendary players. Just kinda feels weird to include all the other guys if it's a Sid and Geno race.

Gotta say, though--I'm a little shocked and kind of disgusted by the lack of respect regarding Ian Cole's vote totals. You'd think he'd be right up there. :naughty:

Last edited:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
1. Sid
2. Geno
3. Letang
4. Staal
5. Neal
6. Hörnqvist
7. Murray
8. Guentzel (rising up in the ranks quickly)
9. Fleury
10. Rust
11. Despres
12. Kunitz
13. Talbot
14. Bortuzzo
15. Kessel

I guess I'd go with something like that.

Lemieux/Jagr-era favorites:

1. Mario
2. Jagr (time heals wounds, wouldn't be here in 2012 but that's in the past, forgiven, and Jagr is ranked where he was during my childhood)
3. Stevens
4. Straka
5. Tocchet
6. Francis
7. Barnes
8. Ulf
9. Murphy
10. Nedved
11. Kovalev
12. Kasparaitis
13. McEachern
14. Vujtek
15. Laukkanen
16. Simicek

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I know it seems pointless to include Sid and Geno in the poll, but I had a hunch that Geno would get more votes than expected.

Reactions: ColePens

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I nominate Matt Cooke and Jarkko Ruutu to be added next. HMs to Alex Goligoski and Deryk Engelland.

Actually, I think Maatta should be added before all I just listed.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No Matt Cooke? I loved the guy. Doesn't matter he was a raging idiot, but he was fun as hell to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad