Favorite player on your least favorite team?

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I pretty much hate the Avalanche but there are plenty of players there that I like. To mention few:

Zadorov, this guy always manhandles the Wild players any way he wants. Massive hits. Truly gets under their skin with that grin of his.
MacKinnon, one of the mos entertaining players in the league.
Rantanen, the Finnish phenom who no one really talks about.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
McDavid - It's historical injustice he must waste better part of his career in that penitentiary.
Matthews - Why on earth so awesome player has to play for a team in the city where I would cheer for all other NHL-teams before the home team if I would have to live there.

But I don't consider I hate any team per se. That would be ridiculous attitude.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
My least favourite team is probably the leafs
Because of the fans
Don't really have a favourite player
But I would probably pick marner or nylander
Probably marner
Maybe Tavares actually

I don't like Boston because they beat Vancouver
Bergeron is probably my favourite player on their team

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Rangers - McDonagh's gone so nobody.

Flyers - Giroux. Couturier too. Overall I have a lot of respect for this Flyers squad.

Maple Leafs - Marleau because he's a Shark chasing a cup, not a Leaf.

And Karlsson is a Senator chasing a Cup, not a Shark.

:dunce:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
:kings

Budaj
Thompson
Doughty
Kopitar

I feel bad having Doughty on the list as he is a **** often against the Ducks, but in a league where the narrative is all about offense now, I feel like he is underrated by many people. Kopitar also got too much hate after his down year, he is a really good player. Thompson is a former Duck who played well for us and is seemingly a good dude. Budaj I know is in the AHL now, but I hope he somehow makes it back to the NHL again.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This really should be a "who's your favorite player on your top rival team" I don't really hate the teams, without them you don't have substance.

Flyers: Ghostisbehere

Though... Gritty is taking over.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Flyers: Giroux, can't hate that guy.

Caps: Oshie. He should be wearing the C.

TheObserver

Mar 14, 2015
its so funny that people hate the Leafs, or Toronto, or its fans.

Have you ever been to Toronto? One of the most multicultural cities in the world.

have you seen the passion the fans have for their team. man the newly named scotiabank arena had so many fans outside during the FIRST game of the season. Other fan bases dont do that even in the playoffs.

Sounds like a lot of people here are jealous of the city or the fans.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
For everyone that hates the Bruins it has to be Patrice Bergeron, that guy is almost everything great about hockey in one player.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Have you ever been to Toronto? One of the most multicultural cities in the world.

have you seen the passion the fans have for their team. man the newly named scotiabank arena had so many fans outside during the FIRST game of the season. Other fan bases dont do that even in the playoffs.

Sounds like a lot of people here are jealous of the city or the fans
Yep, nailed it. Couldn't possibly be anything else. Every city in the league is jealous of Toronto.

You ever think how arrogant and obnoxious it appears to have a first assumption that people don't like you because they are jealous, not because of your arrogance?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crow and McTusk

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
boeser (it’s way too early to write him off one game lol, it if anyone watched him in preseason he hasn’t looked himself this guy could score like it wasn’t a issue and in the 5 or 6 games he’s played he hasn’t even come close to scoring.) way too early but injuries have wrecked careers before, if that happens EP looks cool. I don’t mind the new canucks I just couldn’t stand the late 90s messier version, and the luongo versions even though I don’t mind luongo himself. Loved
The WCE team. Hate burrows Kesler all those guys. Don’t mind horvat either.

So Toronto was always my worst team as a sabres fan but in recent years with them sucking it’s been really hard to hate anyone probably phaneuf when he was there. Now that Toronto has gotten good again I’ve gone back to hating them but in both vancover and Toronto cases I sometimes hate the media on air personalities and certain fans more then the actual team. But I watch both these teams to cheer against them. It’s fun, I imagine this is why leaf fans like watching the lower Atlantic teams struggle right now and all of them are obsessed with bathing eicbel, YouTube is even worse then this place for that. Leaf fans even hinacked eichels Instagram posts. Lol, no wonder he loves scoring against them, though he’s friends with Matthews.

I used to hate Matthews in his rookie season, I always hate the leafs best player by default though I didn’t mind gilmour joseph or Clark. But last year I started to respect Matthews more when I saw him last year I had to respect him due to the skil in both ends and the fact his goals were so nice. I felt after his rookie year most of his goals we’re garbage rebounds in front of the net (which still count and don’t make them less impressive) but I didn’t know he had the great drag moves and accuracy as he showed last year, and again his defensive play.

So it really can’t be Matthews.

I don’t know, probably Tavares. I didn’t dislike him before but he didn’t need to post that dream come bedsheet crap so soon. If I was an isles fan I’d be so mad. I don’t really hate many of the leafs right now, even kadri who is an easy target i respect for what he does good. I guess Babcock kind of annoys me if he counts.

“Oh you knooooow, weeee didn’t startttt on time and they did.”

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Yep, nailed it. Couldn't possibly be anything else. Every city in the league is jealous of Toronto.

You ever think how arrogant and obnoxious it appears to have a first assumption that people don't like you because they are jealous, not because of your arrogance?

Jealous of what exactly? They haven’t won a thing yet.

I always disliked them because of how there portrayed and I live in western Canada everyone hates them. It also doesent help liking the sabres (hating the leafs)

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Lol just looked at the Flames roster for their first game and I basically cant stand their entire lineup. Frolik maybe?

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Sounds like a lot of people here are jealous of the city or the fans.
I don't hate the Leafs but posting stuff like this is a prime example of why some people do.

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
A little different take. I HATED the Flyers forever. They would beat the Pens on the scoreboard and beat the hell out of them physically during my entire childhood. But, I always loved Tim Kerr, Rick Tocchet, and Lindros.

Currently, I despise the Caps. All of them. Maybe not Oshie as much as the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad