OT: Favorite Player #4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I went with Phil on this one. He's hilarious and has given me a ton of enjoyment over the years. Too many good memories to ignore. Like "how's your breath," the smelling salts, Reaves scaring the crap out of him, having his day with the Cup in Toronto, in OT when he just keeps retreating and attacking like it's pond hockey, and on and on.

He can be frustrating to watch sometimes, but he's been a playoff beast and has made significant contributions during the regular seasons.

He also trains with Gary Roberts, so that bumps his hot dog obsessed ass up a notch. :D

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Will you do it for a Kessel treat, Scoob?

giphy.gif

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Kunitz was my guy before Phil showed up. He brought so much energy to the ice, and scored too. He was my favourite skater other than Sid or Geno. Kessel, though, really delivered in both of those Cup runs. I'm gonna have to vote for Phil.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I went with Whit because Spittin’ Chiclets is easily my favorite podcast. Him and Biz shooting the **** is incredibly interesting. They both talk about Pittsburgh/WBS a ton, highly recommend.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
That's what I'm trying to be mindful of. There are some players who would fall under that, but Hornqvist and Kessel don't IMO.
Agreed. I thought about it before voting but I decided that Horny and Phil are some of my all time favorites. Both personalities and huge contributions.

Reactions: BHD

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Staal or Phil for me. Not sure just yet. This poll gets a bit tougher from here out.

EDIT: Gotta go Phil! Have too. :D

Depends how deep we go with these threads but some names could be Despres, Engo, Borts, Joey V, Jussi.

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I voted for Roberts at 3 so I'm going with him again, but Hornqvist was next on my list so I can't complain. Gonchar and Phil are in the mix here also.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I voted for Roberts at 3 so I'm going with him again, but Hornqvist was next on my list so I can't complain. Gonchar and Phil are in the mix here also.

Voted Roberts again, but I have Gonchar at 4. He has been the only defenseman in the Crosby/Malkin era to be considered an actual #1 defenseman. They called him “Sarge” for a reason.

Reactions: Sideline

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Voted Roberts again, but I have Gonchar at 4. He has been the only defenseman in the Crosby/Malkin era to be considered an actual #1 defenseman. They called him “Sarge” for a reason.

Gonchar would be my # 2 after Malkin and Letang, but Letang will easily have the better career and is easily the more complete defenseman.

Abosulte moronic opinion even if you have Gonch above Letang as a player. And further proof of the Letang bias here.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Gonchar would be my # 2 after Malkin and Letang, but Letang will easily have the better career and is easily the more complete defenseman.

Abosulte moronic opinion even if you have Gonch above Letang as a player. And further proof of the Letang bias here.

It’s a poll of favourite players not who’s the best.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Wait a sec @BHD

I see you made the "Favourite Players of the Crosby/Malkin Era" thread (where we voted once) along with a "Favourite Player #3" and this is obviously the "Favourite Player #4" thread

Where's the "Favourite Player #2" thread?? :laugh:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Wait a sec @BHD

I see you made the "Favourite Players of the Crosby/Malkin Era" thread (where we voted once) along with a "Favourite Player #3" and this is obviously the "Favourite Player #4" thread

Where's the "Favourite Player #2" thread?? :laugh:

A few people pointed out that Sid and Geno were shoe-ins for the first two spots.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

You're acting like every other big name is off the board, and Letang is still there alongside Michalek and Kuhnhackl. There are players who are more popular than him, and it's not "absolutely moronic" to think that. He'll get votes, but calling people out over it is unwarranted right now.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
You're acting like every other big name is off the board, and Letang is still there alongside Michalek and Kuhnhackl. There are players who are more popular than him, and it's not "absolutely moronic" to think that. He'll get votes, but calling people out over it is unwarranted right now.
Exactly. If this were a best player poll I'd be voting for Hossa.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Exactly. If this were a best player poll I'd be voting for Hossa.

Definitely.

Biases are going to rear their ugly head in these polls. Letang has a tremendous amount of talent and/or ability, but is absolutely brain dead at times. With that in mind, some people probably have a hard time voting for him.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad