Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Whitney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Roberts, Talbot, Horny. Talbot car commercials give him the slight edge over horny.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will forever enjoy Gary Roberts but he's not even in my top 10. Im surprised his name even pops up at #3. I understand Talbot for the Game 7 goals and his charisma. Hornqvist has his SC clinching goal and delivers that same Gary Roberts attitude every night.

But this is the fun of the poll.

Reactions: BHD and Andy99

Sorry

May 18, 2005
After Sid and Geno, it’s 100% Scary Gary Roberts for me. What he brought to the team can’t be quantified thru basic metrics. He brought grit, passion, determination, and above all, a supreme work ethic. For a few years there after he retired a lot of players were going to his boot camp and came back in amazing physical shape.

Plus, he made the Senators his *****.

Hans Klopek

Jul 13, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
After Sid and Geno, it’s 100% Scary Gary Roberts for me. What he brought to the team can’t be quantified thru basic metrics. He brought grit, passion, determination, and above all, a supreme work ethic. For a few years there after he retired a lot of players were going to his boot camp and came back in amazing physical shape.

Plus, he made the Senators his *****.

Yes exactly, I totally fell in love with Gary during his brief time with the Pens, would have been amazing if he had continued with us for a few more years/been a few years younger to make it possible.

Still, somehow I voted for Maxime Talbot on the poll. Such an amazing personality and likeable guy.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Looks like The Phil will be beaten by Hornqvist here but hey it's ok for me, like'em both.

Picked Malkin over Crosby, Sid is the better overall player but when Malkin goes into Beast mode, he's the most exciting player to watch hands down.

Reactions: BHD

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I will forever enjoy Gary Roberts but he's not even in my top 10. Im surprised his name even pops up at #3. I understand Talbot for the Game 7 goals and his charisma. Hornqvist has his SC clinching goal and delivers that same Gary Roberts attitude every night.

But this is the fun of the poll.
Roberts kind of sparked a change of culture for this team. How many power forwards (or even enforcers) keep playing as hard every night and fighting as much as Roberts did at 40 years old? I can't think of any who didn't ease up on their physical game as they aged. Roberts did this after breaking his neck years before when many thought he'd never be able to play hockey again. I can definitely see why he was a fan favourite. He had Hornqvist's intensity but he brought the pain, he didn't just absorb it.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
roberts+too+much+man.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Roberts kind of sparked a change of culture for this team. How many power forwards (or even enforcers) keep playing as hard every night and fighting as much as Roberts did at 40 years old? I can't think of any who didn't ease up on their physical game as they aged. Roberts did this after breaking his neck years before when many thought he'd never be able to play hockey again. I can definitely see why he was a fan favourite. He had Hornqvist's intensity but he brought the pain, he didn't just absorb it.

I understand why people really like him. I just think it’s an indictment of this entire team that people choose a player who was here a year or less as their third favorite player, whether him or Iginla....come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad