Favorite Penguin Tournament (Lemieux Era-Current) - Round 2 - VOTING CLOSED

Vote for your favourite player in each pairing (not necessarily the best)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I populated the bracket by Hockey References' Point Shares from the 1984/85 season (Lemieux debut) to the current season. Kind of a rough estimate of impact on the team in these years.

povl78j7.svg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Of the 32 remaining:

Centers: 8
Wingers: 13
Defensemen: 8
Goalies: 3

Most prominent before 2000: 15
Most prominent after 2000: 17

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Dude, this was a brutal one! So many good got hit up against so many great.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Kovy had a wicked wrister, but Horny has wicked abs.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah that's a really tough one. I know it maybe won't be the popular choice but as much as I respect Horns I had to go Kovalev. One of the most electrifying players to ever don a Penguins uni, IMO. And in the end it's all about entertainment, at least to me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah that's a really tough one. I know it maybe won't be the popular choice but as much as I respect Horns I had to go Kovalev. One of the most electrifying players to ever don a Penguins uni, IMO. And in the end it's all about entertainment, at least to me.

I want Kovalev too because honestly for me he was a face of the franchise during here versus a complimentary piece.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I want Kovalev too because honestly for me he was a face of the franchise during here versus a complimentary piece.

That's a really good point... I didn't think of it that way.

Yeah he was absolutely one of the only reasons to show up for a bit, there. The KLS line was super duper nasty. Maybe some people don't really remember or maybe weren't around but they were money in the bank like every game. And I know "pretty" doesn't win championships but holy shit did they make the game fun to watch.

Obviously Mario and Jagr were a thing during some of Kovalev's tenure. But Jagr moved on and Mario was in and out of the lineup constantly.

Man... people (correctly) gripe about how terrible the Jagr trade was but Kovalev's was nearly as bad.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's a really good point... I didn't think of it that way.

Yeah he was absolutely one of the only reasons to show up for a bit, there. The KLS line was super duper nasty. Maybe some people don't really remember or maybe weren't around but they were money in the bank like every game. And I know "pretty" doesn't win championships but holy shit did they make the game fun to watch.

Obviously Mario and Jagr were a thing during some of Kovalev's tenure. But Jagr moved on and Mario was in and out of the lineup constantly.

Man... people (correctly) gripe about how terrible the Jagr trade was but Kovalev's was nearly as bad.

Kovalev’s was worse because it was essentially just straight for money.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Kovalev’s was worse because it was essentially just straight for money.

Uhhhhh... I think you are forgetting about the great Rico Fata?!?

He was even in marketing and promotion for the team! That's how you know he was good! Remember how he could put himself offsides like 5 times a game? Tell me another NHL player who can do that?

Remember they tried to convert Lintner to a forward because he scored a pretty goal one game? I think Mikael Samuelsson also basically told the Penguins after he was acquired in that deal that he had no interest in signing with them and to not even bother. lol

What a shitshow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad