Favorite Penguin Tournament (Lemieux Era-Current) - FINAL (Lemieux defeats Crosby) - CLOSED

Vote for your favorite player in each pairing (not necessarily the best)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think your board is a lot fonder of the older legends than the other two boards I ran this on (Colorado and Boston). Sakic beat MacKinnon in the Final 57-15 (79%) and Orr just squeaked by Bergeron 37-35 (51%) in the semifinal before rolling through Bourque in the Final.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Mario when healthy was quite possibly the greatest hockey player ever, so I think that is the reason for the runaway victory.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I think your board is a lot fonder of the older legends than the other two boards I ran this on (Colorado and Boston). Sakic beat MacKinnon in the Final 57-15 (79%) and Orr just squeaked by Bergeron 37-35 (51%) in the semifinal before rolling through Bourque in the Final.

A lot of people who watched Orr in his prime are either dead or at best probably using their old, reliable 14.4 k dial up modem for internet access.

Thanks for setting up the event.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think it is more that Lemieux saved hockey in Pittsburgh and has a legacy that is literally untouchable amongst Pittsburgh in general not even sports. And he did it three times in his career.

Crosby on ice has given us more deliverables and is a remarkable human being, but Lemieux is a Pittsburgh institution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad