....and many more
Oh, and Doug the Thug Smith!

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He blew out both knees in consecutive seasons leading to his retirement but Jan Ludvig and his 104 PIM in 26 GP in the late '80's was someone I had a soft spot for. Guy just didn't seem to give a damn.

Reactions: nnynetpotato

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dave Ritcher and Jack Carlson
Carlson refs youth hockey around here, or did up till recently. Hilarious guy, also a good ref, who loves the kids. We did tell a couple of the hot headed kids on our teams to watch their mouths around him, and one ignorant young assistant coach on another team tried to "go crazy on him( verbally)"....it didn't end well. His own coaches shut him down quick, and Carlson made him take the walk of shame across the ice and out of the rink while everyone watched.
He was back to wisecracking 15 seconds later.
"Ref, he was slashing me!"
" Don't worry, I'll get him next time for you."

Me, " yelling incoherent things"
Carlson, " they never listen, do they, coach?"

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Darcy Hordichuk was crazy in his prime, stuck around too long but even at the end had a few great fights, the one with Shawn Thornton was a last hurrah for both of them.

Still amazed a guy his size could last in the era of monsters and go up against Worrell, Laraque, Boogaard, Orr(landed a beauty on him), Simon, Cairns. What a fight card. Didn’t always win but showed up against the best.

Reactions: nnynetpotato

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
A mixed bag, tried to get some of my favorite under-the-radar sluggers from different eras (bit biased to my B's)....
Jeremy Reich
Rob DiMaio
Dean Malkoc
Jim Vandermeer
Wayne Cashman
Jamie Huscroft
Dan Maloney
Brad Brown
Steven Peat
Harold Snepts
Todd Gill
Kurt Fraser
Mike Fisher
Mark Janssens
Jay Rosehill
Lane MacDermid
Aaron Downey
Shane Churla

could go on and on and on !

Reactions: ps241

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I didn't realize it until I was watching some old YouTube videos but Harold Snepts was a heck of a fighter

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Darcy Hordichuk was crazy in his prime, stuck around too long but even at the end had a few great fights, the one with Shawn Thornton was a last hurrah for both of them.

Still amazed a guy his size could last in the era of monsters and go up against Worrell, Laraque, Boogaard, Orr(landed a beauty on him), Simon, Cairns. What a fight card. Didn’t always win but showed up against the best.

fun fact: Hordichuk trained with Chuck Liddell to improve his on ice fighting skills

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jim McKenzie

Glen Cochrane and Ron Delorme

Basil McRae

Nice clips!

MacKenzie could really throw them and I always enjoyed the pre roided Twist more. I saw him fight in Juniors allot and he was always a force. He lacked accuracy because he was always throwing for the fences but his power was there when he landed. When he was fully roided he was one of the toughest fighters to contain.

Delorme was destroying Cochrane until stripperella pealed. Seriously rent a poll Glenn. Can’t say I was a fan of when guys started losing their jerseys easily to gain the edge.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad