Favorite Leaf so far this year?

Who is your favorite Leaf so far this year?

• Total voters

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
One vote for Tyler Ennis from here. A speedy, skilled winger that ties the fourth line together and helps make them dangerous is something we overlook but at the same time our fourth lines have been unorganized messes these recent years. A regular offensive zone draw and 11+ minutes of positive hockey is underrated.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I judge my favorite by who gets me out of my seat when I'm sitting at home enjoying the game. So far it's been.

1 Matthews
2 Kapanen
3 Rielly
4 Marner
5 Andersen

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Sparks is my favourite Leafs this season because he reminds me of what a typical Leafs player was like the past 20+ years, very nostalgic feeling when watching him play.

Shows flashes of good play, does not really look like he has a command of his game, eventually run out of town.

Then outta of the league like Tyler Bozak.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
So close between Rielly or Tavares, but I went with Captain Morgan.

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm proudest of Mo, to be honest.

He has been so brutally underrated his whole career and now he's making the whole league choke on their stupidity.

Same here.

Babcock wasn’t joking when he said Morgan is the guy that is happiest to be a Leaf. I love the guy.

Absolutely amazing and absolutely wrecking the league like no other D has in a long time.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I guess I’ll say Rielly. No one on this team sticks out as a “ fan favourite” in that prototypical Leaf fashion. Idividually they are rather boring.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I love all our homegrown kids coming into their own, but this year, my favorite is Johnny T.

A legitimate franchise player from the GTA returns home as a UFA while he's still in his prime, and he's on pace for a career season. He's been worth every penny.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
This thread is bonkers. This team is just so likeable! It's seriously surprising, because it was so different for such a long time.

It was almost exactly 10 years ago that I had a conversation with a friend about who on the team we actually liked. It was hard to find anyone. A garbage team, caught in the middle of two garbage eras. The leftovers of the previous regime were stinking it up, Antropov/Poni/Kubina. And the false hopes of the next incarnation were all just starting to disappoint, Grabo/Schenn/Tlusty. There's probably only about 4 or 5 individual players that I liked for the next 7 or 8 years.

Crazy that in such a short time now I like the entire roster. I'd proudly and happily wear a jersey with almost any current players name on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->