Favorite Late Night TV Personality

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I re-watch this every now and then and it always gets me emotional. Funny enough, I stumbled upon Ferguson's videos on YouTube somewhat accidentally after his show went off the air. Had never seen the show live that I could recall. I found myself watching endless clips and finding something different that was incredibly unique and funny in each one.

I wish I watched the show as it was ongoing, but can thankfully go back to appreciate his genuine humor and genius. He was able to break down the wall of these generic celebrity interviews and make each one hilarious in their own way. And nothing was better than what he created with Geoff Peterson, Secretariat, the puppets and everything in between.

There'll never be another one like him.

Sep 19, 2008
I hear a lot of good things about Conan's podcast but I'm struggling to adapt to this guitar music that intros every show. What's the point? Just talk. It took like 2 minutes before him and Burr started chattin'.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't understand the Conan podcast and the guitar or the angle of him needing a friend. It seems kind of silly. If they just had him talking to comics for an hour or so that would be fine, but spare the friend angle. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like Cordon.

I don’t watch any of them regularly, but I watch clips on YT and Cordon is the one I usually watch

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Anyone watch Desus and Mero on Showtime (formerly on the vice channel)? The first few episodes have been alright but I enjoy their podcast more.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don't understand the Conan podcast and the guitar or the angle of him needing a friend. It seems kind of silly. If they just had him talking to comics for an hour or so that would be fine, but spare the friend angle. :laugh:

There have been some funny interviews with good guests. My only issue is with the ad breaks. I get that they're supposed to be funny but they are too damn long.

Sep 19, 2008
John Oliver is by far the best late night show, plus he can curse. Every one of his rants goes viral on youtube and they're uncensored too. Take that, tame Fallon celebrity games!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Currently it’s probably Fallon or Kimmel

Colbert is a political hack and really not that interesting or funny.

Man I miss Letterman & Leno :(

Sep 19, 2008
Graham Norton is the GOAT currently. Hilarious and his Schtick stands out from the rest.

Trevor Noah can be okay but him trying to be the smartest person in the room can be a little exhausting.

Colbert needs to go back to his republican satire shtick. It was original.

Meyers is the worst though. Boring and relies on Trump jokes too much.

Cant stand Fallon, doesn’t seem genuine at all.

Conan is hit or miss.

The fat guy is obnoxious.
I'll never forget Jeselnik's savage dig at Corden saying that the worst thing that happened that night was Comedy Central airing replays of the Late show

Corden is a gigantic step down from Craig Fergeson :laugh:

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
John Oliver is currently the best!
Man do I miss Craig Ferguson....

Speaking of missing things:
I used to be THE biggest Colbert mark. The Republican Satire character had me in stitches every night. Never missed an episode. His Late Show is unwatchable for me though.
IMO The Colbert character could absolutely be shredding Trump now...but what he’s doing now is picking the low hanging fruit.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The board updates nuked the previous thread but Conan is quitting TV in 2021 to start a HBO Max show.

Conan O'Brien to End TBS Late-Night Show in 2021 - Variety

Interesting news. I loved Conan at 1230 on NBC, where it seemed like he could do the show he wanted to do. Moving to 1130 seemed like a watered down version of the show where he wasn’t as free to do anything he wanted. His move to TBS was great at first, and it felt more like 1230 again, but then the comedy bits felt much less inspired over time, and I only watched for the guests.

Switching to the 30 minute format, one guest and no band was a good change in my opinion, but perhaps it was the beginning of the end. Either way, it’s been a hell of a ride for a guy that most people thought would get cancelled less than a year after being given the 1230 slot to replace David Letterman in 1993.

Reactions: John Price

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'll never forget Jeselnik's savage dig at Corden saying that the worst thing that happened that night was Comedy Central airing replays of the Late show

Corden is a gigantic step down from Craig Fergeson :laugh:

Ferguson did some very interesting things with the talk show format. I don’t mind Corden though. He’s not as good as Ferguson, and he had some big shoes to fill, but I’m not sure why people dislike him.

Sep 19, 2008
Trevor Noah recently announced he would step down as Daily Show host after 7 years.

Trevor Noah was a waste of time, no talent, no anything. Jon Stewart was only slightly better, but highly overrated. Comedy Central should focus on comedy.

He had many jokes that didn't land or just weren't funny. He seemed lost and out of touch compared to his predecessor. The last 7 years were very painful. Hopefully someone of actual talent will succeed him.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad