Favorite goal or assist you've scored?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Just a place for us to brag, I'll start :p.

1-on-2 and the left D fell trying to transition to skating backwards. For once I thought quickly and figured I might as well go to his side to see if the other D tripped over him chasing me.. it worked. They weren't spaced too well, kinda caught 'em with speed, but god it was glorious seeing it play out. I even took it a bit wider than necessary to draw the right D into the path of the sliding left..

breakaway from there, went bar down to make it 2-1.

HM: I have a habit of throwing it across the crease from behind the net during scrambles.. have had 2 bank jobs in roller and 1 in ice, kinda low percentage but it's fun when you kinda mean to do it.

Assist- Losing 7-0 with a minute left and I just busted ass forechecking at the end. Pressured the D into coughing it up in the corner and threw it in front to a dude who struggled with scoring for an easy tap in- it was nice getting props from everyone but the opposing goalie in the handshake line.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Me and a buddy once got 5 passes in on a 2 on 0

He's a lefty, I'm a righty

He picked up the puck around center ice and immediately passed it over to me on the right about 10 feet away

I was slightly ahead of him, so I took a couple of slow strides waiting for him to catch up, and as soon as we crossed the blue line I slid the pass over to him

Without missing a beat, he gave it right back to me as we neared the hash marks

I gave him one more pass as we cleared the hash marks, which he immediately returned

And I tapped it home for the goal

(full disclosure, his final pass was actually going to go behind me, or wind up in my skates, but the defenseman knocked it right onto my stick as he attempted to hit the pass away)

Not my best goal ever, but likely the most memorable

Reactions: IlikeEich

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I remember one, was completely sunburned, red as a lobster from July 4th weekend, bottles of aloe and lots of wrap, and I told my team and the opposing team, if they want the puck, take it, don't stick me, rub me, hit me, cuz after I get done crying like a baby, I will hit them back....anyways faceoff in the end zone, my forehand, I tip it forward, sidestep the C, see the D coming so I turn to protect the puck, and now it's on my backhand, I basically spin and pray, and ended up tucking it in the far post as I was falling/spinning down....

Another one, took a shot from the top of the circle, goalie stopped it but it fell between his legs, and apparently me and the ref were the only one to see it, so I go barreling in (not a small guy) and pretty much dive to poke it in, ended up between the goalie's legs, half in the net, and got the crap beat out of me, but it counted

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I have two.

I remember being in our league championship game. We were up 3-2 with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd. I told the boys I was going to take the next couple seasons off and it was my last game for a while. I got the puck on my back hand in the slot. As a righty, I did the 180 pivot to my forehand and probably shot one of my best snapshots top right corner ever. Captain said "You always know when to get the big goal."

Second, was picking it up at our blueline above right circle. Decent move to beat one guy at centre, crossed to left side of ice, and over the blueline. I was on my backhand but I saw space top right and fired the backhand as hard as I could and it went right where I aimed it top right shelf over goalies glove. Probably was 2 feet from the boards just inside top of circle. My best backhand of all time. Not a meaningful goal, but just felt damn good to put my mind to a hard play and then execute.

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
I mostly play goalie, but I've done a couple of seasons skating. I have two favourite goals:

Playing center, a winger sent a pass across in the high slot and I hit a one timer that scored my first and only one of those (that wasn't a backdoor tap in). It was only my second year playing hockey, so I chalk that one up to a lot of luck!

Playing in a co-ed league on a team where the guys weren't the best at actually including the women in the play. I came off the bench just as my team got the puck in our end (bad change!), and got a pass that sent me on a breakaway. I scored on a deke, dragging the puck behind me and flipping it in when the goalie followed me. The guys passed to me more after that. lol

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Favourite goal was a 5 on 3 pk. I'm the lone forward. I jump on a loose puck, beat one guy, but I'm one on 4 from center ice in. All I want to do is get a shot on net and get a face off in their end.

As soon as I hit the offensive blue line, three of them close in on me like jackals, but I drive into them. I get slashed, bump, and next thing I know, I'm on my back, head pointed at the goalie. I notice the puck is still near the blade of my stick. So I give my stick a quick jerk. The puck slides along the ice towards the goal, surprising the goalie. He drops into the butterfly to stop the puck, but it slides between his wickets.

Favorite assists was I picked up a puck off the right wing just inside our zone. There's a sea of jerseys in front of me, but I spot one of my players sneaking in behind them all along the left side of the ice. So, I flip a high one over everyone and land it right in front of my guy. He picks it up for a partial break and scores.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Some tournament final in OT where it went 5v5, 4v4, 3v3, 2v2 and finally 1v1.

We had 8 skaters at that tournament. I hat literally been on the ice the whole game. Not 1 change. I tried to come off and the coach said nope.

So i ligned up at center ice 1v1 with some guy who i noticed had "bagel" written on his stick blade . I said "youre no bagel, youre toast"

Ref laughed, dropped the puck and I took immediate possesion of the puck for a breakaway and scored the tourney winning goal. No time to celly...i just wanted off to die lol

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I did something similar in a tourney in Port Hope, ON. Our team wasnt "good enough" to be in the tournament but a last minute change subbed us in. It was 2v2 in the final and the same outcome with the game/tournament winner

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
As a goalie i played a tournament in Oshawa, ON. Was mid July and very hot. I lost 15 lbs that day. Played 5 games in one day going 5-0 and 2 games going to a shootout finishing 6-0 to win it all!

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
It's funny how so many stand out, both assists and goals.

I'll go with my first-ever in squirt league. We were defending in our zone, and I was somewhere around the top of the circle or near the blue line in the middle of where the puck was and their defenseman near center/blue line. The puck popped out up the boards, I was closest to it, grabbed it, skated all the way up with the D chasing me at an angle.

I wasn't a great puck handler at the time and was always nervous about having it too long, so as he closed in on me and I got to their blue line (straight up along the boards no less), I just loaded the biggest wrist shot I could muster and let it rip. I wasn't known for a great shot or anything like that but it was a prayer move. Ended up picking the far corner about as perfectly as could be, coming off like I was some hotshot who meant to do it.

That was almost 30 years ago and I remember it like yesterday.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Alright gotta add another assist now..

Played on a team with my dad for a few seasons- I got into ice hockey around 13 or so, so I was never high level, but I wasn't bad. My dad started at like 45- I was kinda the "ringer" on this old man team, but my dad was one of the worser players, so it kinda evened out. He actually got some good chances for his skill level, good positioning, but he was so focused on staying upright he didn't have much in the way of shot/hands.

Anyways, first game playing together-

I stole the puck as the other team tried a breakout, brought it down into the corner and turned toward the net. Went from backhand to forehand and made a nice little saucer pass over the D man's stick to a teammate coming in from the point towards the far post. Beautiful one touch snapper to the far side.. holy f***, that was pops!

The best part was the crap we got on the bench- "oh sure, you set up your dad.."
"Doug, I set you up too when ya actually get in the right place, can't help ya finish though." Fun ragging all around, I seriously had no idea it was my dad though.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Assist.....I've always been known for being someone that could deke. Going back to my inline days. This happened almost ten years ago. Took the puck behind my own net, swooped around. Went around one guy (On my right.) put the puck between the legs of the second guy to get the puck back. Skated full speed, past two others on the other team. Their Dman played it smart, swung me to outside faceoff circle on the right, goalie cornered me off. I shot it through his five hole, to my team-mate who was crashing in on an empty net. I don't think I'll ever top that. I've scored some beauty's before, had some awesome assists, they never came close to that though.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
My first goal. Ever.

I could barely stand on the ice , let alone move on it.

I was standing in 3 feet in front of the goalie; a teammate ran into puck carrier and it squeeked free landing on my stick.

I swung an awkward shot so as to not fall on the ice.... but I made contact off the heel of my stick.

It must have been the weakest, most pathetic shot that wobbled and spun the puck on the ice.

5 - hole.

We lost the game, but I learned to love it and haven't looked back .

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Favorite assist was loose puck behind the net, skated to it and passed back out the side I came in on (the Kuznetsov play before Kuznetsov). The goalie followed me to the far side while my teammate scored into the empty net on short side. So much fun when your teammate is just laughing at how easy the goal was to score.

Favorite goal wasn't that great individually but won a tournament in OT. Knocked in the rebound off a scramble. We had blown a 6-2 lead in the 3rd period. The other team had a couple college players that were holding back until the end then turned it on. We were getting smoked but managed a lucky one to end it.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
This is a fun thread. As hockey players we are supposed to be humble, but then all you have is your stats on pointstreak or whatever to prove that the stuff ever happened. I am always describing (what I think) are my great plays to my wife and kids. They all stare at me with this glazed over look like they'd rather be at the dentist or something.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Playing in a pick-up game. I play in a very low level league, so at all-levels pick-up it's not uncommon for me to be the worst player on the ice by a decent margin. Other team had an insane goalie that was stopping everything our good players could throw at him. I was playing wing, and I read a d-to-d pass coming and jumped up to lift the recipients stick and tap it ahead. I'm going the other way and it turns into a clear 2-on-1 with me carrying the puck. I usually pass, but the D has the passing lane pretty well covered, so I shoot from maybe 20 feet. I can't skate for crap but my wrist shot can be pretty decent and sometimes catches people off guard. This one feels perfect coming off my stick and lasers over the goalie's shoulder, off the crossbar and in. I hear someone on the bench yell "Holy shit, he went bar-down on him" and lots of stick-taps.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Took a puck in the chin, was cut open pretty bad and my white jersey was red in a split second. After hitting me in the chin the puck landed on my stick and I buried it.

Then went to the hospital for 5 stitches.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In the waning seconds in the 2nd period of my Championship game last year, I scored a goal similar to the last second Mark Johnson goal in the Miracle on Ice game.

My defensemen gained the redline and rifled a long slapshot wide of the net, I exploded up the middle between the two defensemen who were caught off guard by my last ditch effort. I picked up the rebound off of the boards and one-timed it past the goalie from a severe angle to give us the lead heading into intermission. My 2nd goal of the period (first was a deflection off of a slapshot). We went on to win 5-2 for our first championship in 6 years.

KingNothing4

Sep 10, 2009
Basement of Staples
Some pretty awesome sounding goals here. I play defense and don't score much, but my favorite was a simple one-timer from the blue line. We only had 7 players, so I was cruising most of the game, conserving energy. One of better forwards took the puck up the left boards and around the net. On his way around the net I saw him look up for a person to pass to. I was barely coasting over the red line and realized he was looking at me. He slid a pass in my direction, so I had to pick up speed to make it before the puck left the zone. I made it over the blue line and ripped a one-timer top shelf and knocked the water bottle and a towel off. About the time I followed through on my shot, an opponent who was coming out at me, looked behind himself watching the puck and didn't stop. I looked up and just saw him and braced for impact and laid him out. Instead of celebrating the goal, I just made sure the other guy was okay. He was and actually apologized for not paying attention to where he was going. Pretty anti-climatic at the time, but I got video of it so I got to enjoy it afterwards.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I scored a goal exactly like Yanni Gourde did a couple days ago. (3:03 on the video). Except mine was shorthanded. After stripping the forward off the puck on the half wall in our own end and catching the first defenseman flat footed I broke free skating out of the zone. The defenseman from the other side sorta caught up to me by the top of the circles so i fired it exactly like Gourde did and almost from the same spot into the same corner of the net. Got chills a little bit when i saw the highlight of this game.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
First shift of a game about 35 years ago. I played right wing that day. Normally, I play centre but we were short on players that day.

Centre wins the faceoff, passes to left wing who then shoots it into the corner.

I nail the left d-man and put him on his tail, take the puck and pass blindly out front to centre who catches the goalie napping and goes top shelf (left hand side)

Time of goal - 11 seconds

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Here's my favorite individual goal:

I was playing against my former team in a really competitive men's league on Vancouver Island

We were shorthanded. The league's all-time leading scorer was playing the left point and attempted a pass along the blueline to his defense partner (former Red Wings draft pick) who was on the right point

I anticipated the pass, and was able to poke the puck ahead towards center ice

The former Red Wing draft pick's only play was to hook me, so he was trying to slow me up with his stick, but I grabbed it with my left hand and push it clear of my body

I was all alone. Me vs the goalie (a former professional as well)

As a righty, I came in trying to sell that I was going to shoot high glove by lifting my left skate ala Crosby

I then pulled the puck to the left as if I was going backhand, only to immediately pull the puck to my forehand

As the goalie opened up to stick out his left pad, I slid the puck along the ice through his legs

Nothin' but net

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Some pretty awesome sounding goals here. I play defense and don't score much, but my favorite was a simple one-timer from the blue line. We only had 7 players, so I was cruising most of the game, conserving energy. One of better forwards took the puck up the left boards and around the net. On his way around the net I saw him look up for a person to pass to. I was barely coasting over the red line and realized he was looking at me. He slid a pass in my direction, so I had to pick up speed to make it before the puck left the zone. I made it over the blue line and ripped a one-timer top shelf and knocked the water bottle and a towel off. About the time I followed through on my shot, an opponent who was coming out at me, looked behind himself watching the puck and didn't stop. I looked up and just saw him and braced for impact and laid him out. Instead of celebrating the goal, I just made sure the other guy was okay. He was and actually apologized for not paying attention to where he was going. Pretty anti-climatic at the time, but I got video of it so I got to enjoy it afterwards.

Nah man that sounds sick, I've always wanted to step into a slapper like that.

Closest I came was hopping on the ice while the puck was cycled behind the opponent's net. I busted ass towards their net, pass came out in front, and in one motion I caught it and wristed it short side. I was on the ice for like 3 seconds, normally they don't come that easy.

PS- had forgotten about starting this thread, happy to see it still going! Keep gettin goals guys and gals :)

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I'm an ice goalie, there's always one save that I always remember because it was my second year and I was not technically very good, but a fighter. So I make this save that comes from the center slot but give a juicy rebound to my left, which result in a scoring chance. Idk what how it happened but I jumped like a frog and managed to kick the goal away ala Jonathan Quick!

Not the most beautiful save I've managed but I was young and its the only one that was awarded a name by my teammates: The "frog save" :laugh:.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Okay, so I've only ever scored one goal in organized hockey lifetime. I played only one year as a kid. It was, I dunno, mid 80s. I started playing later than other kids. I was in the lowest tier, one the worst team, and easily the worst player. But I can still remember like it was yesterday.

It was really simple. I played defence, puck came loose, somehow I was on a breakaway (that part I don't remember). I just remember how long it felt as a kid skating all the way up the ice. I get up to the goalie, I let loose my shot - it was a weak dribbling thing, yet somehow went through the goalie's five-hole. I felt like an absolute king for a moment. I remember telling my team mates they better pick up their pace, because I couldn't score ALL of the goals this game.

Favourite assist... I started playing as an adult last year, 30+ years later. I like it a lot more now. Again as defence. I haven't scored myself (yet!), but I remember my two assist game: both just came off simple shots from the point, rebound, score. I'll take what I can get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->