Favorite fight at each weight class

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Title says it all. I thought this could be an interesting thread. We all have different perspectives and became fans at different times so I figure this could not only help us remember great fights, but also provide some new viewing material to others. Only rule is that you had to watch it live- we all have those fights we remember where it literally feels like electricity is running through your body and you physically can’t blink . I wasn’t a die hard until like 2016-2017ish so my picks are going to skew newer

265: Stipe vs DC 2

205: Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes

185: Whittaker-Romero 2

170: Luque vs Barberena. I was wincing by the end. Lawler’s arguably been in the two best fights in WW history but I didn’t watch either live unfortunately

155: Justin Gaethje vs Michael Johnson. Fight made me never want to miss an event again

145: Korean Zombie vs Yair Rodriguez (even though Zombie was the last leg of a parlay that would’ve won me $300)

135: weird one and it was completely one-sided but Petr Yan vs Douglas Andrade. Andrade didn’t make it off the stool at the end of round 2. Yan beat the brakes off of him. I knew I was watching somebody incredibly special. Honestly Merab-Moraes is up there too now…

125: Figgy-Moreno 1

Women’s

145: Nunes-Cyborg…no other answer
135: Holm-Rousey
125: Valentina-Eye for the finish
115- weili zhang- Joanna

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Half of these might change if you ask me tomorrow but here it is.

265: Lesner vs Carwin

205: Jones vs Gus 1

185: GSP vs Bisping

170: Lawler vs Rory

155: Diaz vs McGregor 1

145: Aldo vs Mendes 2

135: TJ vs Garbrandt 1 I guess? I feel like there's a good one I'm not thinking of.

125: DJ vs Horiguchi

Women's:

145: Nunes vs Cyborg

135: Rousey vs Holm lol

125: Valentina vs JJ I guess? Nothing else stands out except Valentina merking people we all knew she'd merk lol

115: Zhang vs JJ

Reactions: CDJ

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
265: Mark Hunt vs Big Foot Silva. Honorable mention to Andrei Arlovski derailing the Travis Browne hypetrain
205: Bosse vs O'Connell in the ultimate showdown between a Hockey player and a Radio host
185: Bisping vs Silva
170: Lawler vs Macdonald II unironically. the 10 rounds of Woodley vs Wonderboy ironically because Woodley out-Wonderboy'd Wonderboy at range.
155: Melendez vs Sanchez
145: Aldo vs Mendes II
135: Kyung Ho Kang vs Michinori Tanaka as the proof i'm a MMA hipster
125: The Fig vs Moreno I

Women's
135: Holm vs Rousey
125: that division is so goddamn boring to watch, i got nothing
115: Rose vs Joanna II. most of the good women's fights are in that division.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had trouble coming up with one for men’s 135 which is weird because its such a great division. It’s not like the division is filled with bad fights either, I just couldn’t think of one that stuck out

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I had trouble coming up with one for men’s 135 which is weird because its such a great division. It’s not like the division is filled with bad fights either, I just couldn’t think of one that stuck out

same

probably has to do with the fact it's very much a puncher's division. so you get a lot of impressive individual finishing performances but less fights with extended back & forths.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
HW : Stipe-DC 2.

LHW : Nothing really stands out since the LHW golden era was before my time. I'll go with Jan-Rockhold just because it was fun to see Rockhold get KO'ed.

MW : Izzy-Gastelum

WW : I want to say Usman-Covington so I don't seem like too much of a casual, but honestly, probably Conor-Nate 1. It was the first PPV I watched live and everything about it was classic. The lead up. The taunting during the fight. The finish. Nate busted up bleeding everywhere flexing into the camera. The post fight interview. Being newer to the UFC at the time, I thought Nate had no shot to win that fight, too, so the ending was surprising to me as well.

LW : Something with Gaethje or Poirier so I'll say Gaethje-Poirier until we hopefully get Gaethje-Poirier 2 for the belt.

FW : Definitely Zombie-Yair.

BW : Yeah, this is a surprisingly tough one. Maybe TJ-Cody 1? I watched the season of TUF leading up to that and could not stand TAM by the end of it. TJ getting dropped and saved by the bell to come back and get the KO was fun at the time.

FLW : Fig-Moreno 1

WFW : Nunes-Cyborg. About the only 51 seconds of excitement in the division's history.

WBW : I didn't see Holly-Ronda live, so I'll go with Tate-Holm. Again, it was the first PPV I watched live being on the under card of Conor-Nate 1, momentum swings, and a dramatic finish.

WFLW : I don't know. Valentina-JJ maybe? It was the only somewhat competitive high level fight there has been in that division.

WSW : Zhang-JJ

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Half of these might change if you ask me tomorrow but here it is.

265: Lesner vs Carwin

205: Jones vs Gus 1

185: GSP vs Bisping

170: Lawler vs Rory

155: Diaz vs McGregor 1

145: Aldo vs Mendes 2

135: TJ vs Garbrandt 1 I guess? I feel like there's a good one I'm not thinking of.

125: DJ vs Horiguchi

Women's:

135: Rousey vs Holm lol

125: Valentina vs JJ I guess? Nothing else stands out except Valentina merking people we all knew she'd merk lol

115: Zhang vs JJ
Wasn’t Diaz Mcgregor 1 at 170?

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Title says it all. I thought this could be an interesting thread. We all have different perspectives and became fans at different times so I figure this could not only help us remember great fights, but also provide some new viewing material to others. Only rule is that you had to watch it live- we all have those fights we remember where it literally feels like electricity is running through your body and you physically can’t blink . I wasn’t a die hard until like 2016-2017ish so my picks are going to skew newer

265: Stipe vs DC 2

205: Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes

185: Whittaker-Romero 2

170: Luque vs Barberena. I was wincing by the end. Lawler’s arguably been in the two best fights in WW history but I didn’t watch either live unfortunately

155: Justin Gaethje vs Michael Johnson. Fight made me never want to miss an event again

145: Korean Zombie vs Yair Rodriguez (even though Zombie was the last leg of a parlay that would’ve won me $300)

135: weird one and it was completely one-sided but Petr Yan vs Douglas Andrade. Andrade didn’t make it off the stool at the end of round 2. Yan beat the brakes off of him. I knew I was watching somebody incredibly special. Honestly Merab-Moraes is up there too now…

125: Figgy-Moreno 1

Women’s

145: Nunes-Cyborg…no other answer
135: Holm-Rousey
125: Valentina-Eye for the finish
115- weili zhang- Joanna
Luque vs Bam Bam was a straight up banger, it isn’t going to get the respect it deserves cause neither was really relevant at the time though. I feel like there is a few Luque fights you could pick nowadays though to answer the question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad