Favorite Coyotes - Bye Week Poll! - Vote for 3!

Top 3 favorites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I can add Nagy and or Jovo to the current poll if anyone has a burning desire to vote for them in round 1.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
After the obligatory Doan Jersey (which was my first jersey) I immediately got a Keith Ballard authentic away jersey. Ballard was by far my favorite player in the league when I was a kid. So explosive, and a great guy on and off the ice.

Anybody remember that game against Vancouver where Ballard absolutely annihilated Richard Park at center ice with one of the most insane open-ice checks ever? It was so f***ing loud. Ed Jovanovski ended up charging him, and Doan went full Captain beast mode and had somebody down on the ice with his fist cocked back. Funny that just a year or so later Ed Jovanovski and Ballard were paired together. Jovo Cop look like he wanted to kill our entire team. Even though we weren't that great of a team back then, it seems like those were simpler days. I miss it, especially seeing that team slowly evolve into a serious Stanley Cup contender.

I was pretty much a Coyotes fan my entire life but it got serious in 2005. That's when I started obsessing about the team like I still do to this day. I was born in 92 so i was pretty young during the glory days.

RABBIT

Oct 21, 2008
I also remember losing my shit with excitement and pain when we traded Ballard and Boynton to Florida for Olli Jokinen. It was a blockbuster deal, the Coyotes were never involved in blockbusters. At the draft no less. We finally got a legit first-line Center, but it came at the cost of one of our most beloved players. Nostalgia is a helluva drug

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yandle and Doan were easy. I really like Domi but I went with JR. He was just so damn good and an entertaining personality to boot. I think if Domi were still here and the captain like I wanted, he'd be my third. Tkachuk and Ballard were favorites of mine as well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I also remember losing my **** with excitement and pain when we traded Ballard and Boynton to Florida for Olli Jokinen. It was a blockbuster deal, the Coyotes were never involved in blockbusters. At the draft no less. We finally got a legit first-line Center, but it came at the cost of one of our most beloved players. Nostalgia is a helluva drug
And it was a complete bust for both teams!

Reactions: RABBIT

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Doan, Hanzal, Yandle.

Next Whitney, Vrbata, Z

Finally Teppo, Morris, Ballard

I've been a fan since '96 but I liked non Coyotes players more. I didn't even like Doan all that much until later in his career when I began to appreciate his character. I was a huge Dallas Stars fan because I liked a lot of their stars. Modano, Hatcher, Zubov, Morrow, Belfour, Nieuwendyk, Sydor. Modano is one of my top 5 all time favorites.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I also really loved Danny Markov. Absolute wild man.

Honorable mention to Craig Weller who had the greatest single shift in Coyotes history.

Josh Gratton was fun. Always fought, never learned the meaning of the word defense. Gave and received more clean punches square in the face per second than any other Coyotes.

Mike Sullivan was a great lunch pail guy backnin the day.

Todd Simpson was always funny and weird.

Who can forget Michel Petit and that wild brawl with the Canucks?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me if Biz reads HF and he'll be devastated by this poll :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tough call after Doan. I've gotta pick Burke, he was my favorite yote for a long time. Toss up between OEL, Yandle, Domi, Drake, Teppo, and May, and Morris after that. I went with Domi, but any one of those guys works at 3 for me.

I really liked Ballard and Nagy too, but I have a hard time counting them as all time favorites.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Honorable mention to Craig Weller who had the greatest single shift in Coyotes history.

That was the best shift...and then Gretzky's presser after the game. That is the one thing about Gretzky that he was always good at, those post game pressers were the best.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I love how, in the scrum, he dropped two guys with the same punch.

I'm not a fan of fighting unless it's a spur-of-the-moment passion thing, but I haven't seen a better display of being bodied than what Weller did to the other team that night.

Reactions: _Del_

RABBIT

Oct 21, 2008
This one?

That's the one. I remember being there for that. Also remember being there for when Carcillo dropped Krys Barch with one punch, that was sick.

Carcillo would be a controversial add to this list. I had a lot of fun watching him, but he was very frustrating at times too. Same with Raffi Torres.

I agree that Ladislav Nagy and Cujo need to be added. My old username was rabbit3119. Cujo and Doans numbers, Cujo was the shit.

Also, Biznasty was and is one of the greatest, although I think we can all agree that he has shown his true value more as of late

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Carrillo could play. If he would have focused more on his game than being a goon, he could have had a much better career. He is doing something with helping players with concussions now. Not sure if he had anger issues or other mental problems but I'm sure all those fights contributed to the concussions and his mental state today.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I also really loved Danny Markov. Absolute wild man.

Josh Gratton was fun. Always fought, never learned the meaning of the word defense. Gave and received more clean punches square in the face per second than any other Coyotes.

Mike Sullivan was a great lunch pail guy backnin the day.

Todd Simpson was always funny and weird.

Who can forget Michel Petit and that wild brawl with the Canucks?
I assume this is in reference to the CBJ game that he went ham on 3 dudes all in like 5 seconds?

Edit: Never mind, I should have kept reading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->