OT: Favorite burger place in Arizona

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My favorites in the area are....

Pho Gia Dinh - I like the Bun Bo Hue and Bun Rieu as well as the Bun Mang Vit and the Banh Canh Gio Heo. Ask for chili oil.

Chengdu Delight - You have to ask for the Chinese menu. Otherwise they’ll give you the white folks menu. Love the dandan noodles. Love the beef boil. You have to ask for mala on the Side and assure them that despite being white, you do like spice. Authentic Sichuan food. Does have full-blown numbing effect on mouth.

Chou’s Kitchen - Xiao Long Bao. What more needs to be said? Kitchen window. Get to watch dumpling assembly. Add chili oil to the soy sauce they bring. Wait a tick before biting into these monsters. They’ll burn you.

China Magic Noodle - hand pulled noodle soup with oxtails or lamb or sliced beef. Kitchen window. Get to watch the hand pull.

Nishikawa Ramen - any of the ramens are good. I prefer the straight noodles over the curved as they’re hand made daily. Ask for the egg soft and the broth spicy.

Chodang - Kimchi Soondubu Jigae - order it spicy and say yes to the egg. Hot stone bibimbap of any variety. Go heavy on the Gochujang.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My favorites in the area are....

I've been to 2 of those, and have independently had the idea that I should take a couple of weeks and take an Asian vacation while hardly leaving my desk, eating at a different Asian restaurant daily.

So, every one else, come to "Uptown Chandler"! All the foods!

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
While we are talking about burgers.
I had my first Five Guy's Burger today.

I knew they opend some locations in germany so when i was driving home i stopped in Oberhausen and got myself a Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries.
The fries where ok, dutch and belgian fries are much better but that's not a fair competition, because i only know great fries from the netherlands and belgium.
But yeah the burger was ok. Better than bk and Mc Donalds but not that great and too expansive.
The bun was mushie and i think they forgot the bacon, because i did not taste any.

I don't know how Five Guy's is in the Fatherland, but i don't think it's worth the money.

The free refills where nice though.

Next time i am in Oberhausen i will go to my regular burger place Piwy's Burger.
Cheaper but the quality is better and they have bacon-chili-cheese-fries. But no free refills.
And they are smaller, but have a better enviroment.
Me and my father tried a lot of burgers in óur state and we still think Piwy's is the best.

PS: i found out that we have a Five Guy's in Tilburg.
I never had to drive there ^^.

But i doubt that i will visit them frequently. only with friends.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
While we are talking about burgers.
I had my first Five Guy's Burger today.

I knew they opend some locations in germany so when i was driving home i stopped in Oberhausen and got myself a Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries.
The fries where ok, dutch and belgian fries are much better but that's not a fair competition, because i only know great fries from the netherlands and belgium.
But yeah the burger was ok. Better than bk and Mc Donalds but not that great and too expansive.
The bun was mushie and i think they forgot the bacon, because i did not taste any.

I don't know how Five Guy's is in the Fatherland, but i don't think it's worth the money.

The free refills where nice though.

Next time i am in Oberhausen i will go to my regular burger place Piwy's Burger.
Cheaper but the quality is better and they have bacon-chili-cheese-fries. But no free refills.
And they are smaller, but have a better enviroment.
Me and my father tried a lot of burgers in óur state and we still think Piwy's is the best.

PS: i found out that we have a Five Guy's in Tilburg.
I never had to drive there ^^.

But i doubt that i will visit them frequently. only with friends.

Five Guys is an American chain, and free refills on fountain drinks is pretty standard (if a place doesn't have free refills the prevailing thought is "Wow, greedy bastards") in North America unless it's a "concession stand" type place such as a sports venue or cinema.

While they do have very good fries by American standards, I can see why, with access to Dutch/Belgian fries, you wouldn't consider them anything special. That's about how I feel about their burgers: nothing special. Good, though. And expensive. I'll happily go there if someone else is paying though :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah Five Guys is overpriced for what it is.

Smash Burger I think comes in a little more reasonable than Five Guys though their fries are worse.

The "Benny's" Lennys knockoff is pretty good and has some bbq options too which is a little different.

(if a place doesn't have free refills the prevailing thought is "Wow, greedy bastards")

Caramba Mexican food is pretty good (kinda similar to Macayos but fast-casual) but I outright refuse to go there anymore as they stopped the free refills :laugh:

Lately I've been hitting Ritos as a substitute instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad