OT: Favorite burger place in Arizona

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Secret to In-N-Out fries is to eat them immediately. Once they get cold they really do suck, but until then they’re the GOAT.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Eating french fries hot and immediately from the fryer/oven is pretty much a universal rule, though.

True... but some hold up a little longer than others.

Most fries are actually precooked for a few seconds before getting quick frozen. That’s how they keep their firmness. In-N-Out fries are directly cut and dropped raw. So they’ll quickly get soft and soggy once they cool down.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Wish more places offered options like their cajun fries.

It’s hit and miss with seasoned fries. Here in DC it’s all about Old Bay Seasoning which they put on fries and wings which are amazing. Other places in AZ have seasoned fries but they’re just gross.

That said my Favorite AZ fries are Five Guys, Zipps, and the Stand.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
since we are talking about burgers:

I see every Coyotes game up here in Canada, and I see so many advertisments for Jack in the box. It looks good on TV, but is the food there any good?

In Canada, I like Red Robins ( bottomless fries ) cattle baron ( filet mignon burgers ) and A&W

Also was wondering how Whalburgers are?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I see every Coyotes game up here in Canada, and I see so many advertisments for Jack in the box. It looks good on TV, but is the food there any good?

In Canada, I like Red Robins ( bottomless fries ) cattle baron ( filet mignon burgers ) and A&W

I’d say Jack in the Box is the worst of all fast food chains, here. In the standard burgers and fries drive thru format, I’d rank Jack in the Box behind even McDonalds and Burger King.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Jack in the Box is greasy slop that caters a lot to the late night crowd of people who are often drunk (or under the influence of... other things...). The one in my town is an exception because it's a small town but almost all of them have at least their drivethru open 24 hours. They also have "late night munchie meals" that include things like the "sriracha bacon curly fry burger" (wtf?) that's only available between something like 10 p.m. and 4 p.m.

They're one of the two fast food chains that has made almost no effort whatsoever to provide healthier options in an attempt to cling to the market as public awareness about fast food being really bad for you has increased. The other is Carl's Jr. (known as Hardee's in some parts of the country).

Reactions: CC96

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Jack in the Crack is not great for burgers. Chicken Strips aren't bad.
Their milk shakes are amazing though.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Jack in the Box is greasy slop that caters a lot to the late night crowd of people who are often drunk (or under the influence of... other things...). The one in my town is an exception because it's a small town but almost all of them have at least their drivethru open 24 hours. They also have "late night munchie meals" that include things like the "sriracha bacon curly fry burger" (wtf?) that's only available between something like 10 p.m. and 4 p.m.

They're one of the two fast food chains that has made almost no effort whatsoever to provide healthier options in an attempt to cling to the market as public awareness about fast food being really bad for you has increased. The other is Carl's Jr. (known as Hardee's in some parts of the country).

Many of these "healthy" items at fast food joints aren't as healthy as others think.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

rt

May 13, 2004
Nobody likes Jack in the Box tacos? LOL
I loved them when I was drunk and a teenager. Haha. Now my guts drop through my asshole just thinking about them. I will say they are unlike anything else in the world and I could understand a person getting a craving for them because nothing else could possibly satisfy. There’s nothing like them.

Reactions: ClassLessCoyote

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
wow interesting ! I thought for sure Jack in the box would be a popular spot , they sure put a lot into advertising .. Watching a Coyotes game, all I see is Sanderson Ford, Jack in the Box, and Papa Johns :)

We do now have a Carl's junior in the Calgary area.. I actually thought they were not bad burgers.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Carl’s Jr. is pretty much the best drive thru crappy burger. I think it’s a lot better than in-and-out which I find incredibly overrated. The McDonalds natural beef quarter pounder is basically the same as in-and-out, in my mind. I think Wendy’s is better than in and out too.

I don’t order many burgers. I grill them quite often but I usually order something else when out.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Carl’s Jr. is pretty much the best drive thru crappy burger. I think it’s a lot better than in-and-out which I find incredibly overrated. The McDonalds natural beef quarter pounder is basically the same as in-and-out, in my mind. I think Wendy’s is better than in and out too.

I don’t order many burgers. I grill them quite often but I usually order something else when out.

tenor.gif

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sad thing about JITB is they used to have good stuff. Used to live a few miles from one of their test stores in CA and you could get some pretty interesting items. Years ago had your basic cheese nachos that were killer but they dropped it because managers kept complaining about having to throw out too much leftover cheese sauce. The chicken teriyaki bowl was also great but it got too expensive. The food poisoning case in the 90’s essentially killed their quality.

McD’s for me is good for two things and that’s their McDouble and sweet tea.

I still go to both places but only out of necessity.

Wished there was a Rally’s on the west side of town though. Only one that exists in the valley is in Mesa.

rt

May 13, 2004
I am. I truly don’t understand the appeal of In-And-Out. If they cut their prices by 50% and cut wait times the same amount, I’d still never bother. My in-laws are from Pennsylvania but live here and they think it’s great in a very touristy way. I used to live a few miles south of the one on Alma School and we’d eat it quite a bit with them. I’ve had it maybe a dozen times.

I’ve only recently gone tonMcDonald’s again because I have children. I hadn’t been since I was a child. It’s really bad. I saw an add for the new fresh beef quarter Pounder and went for it. Too fatty. The cheese is not cheese and the bun is eh. But it’s at least as good as in-and-out. I’d almost argue better but the “cheese” at in-and-out is less revolting.

I’d say Carl’s Jr. is much better than In-And-Out. I’d say Sonic is too. By a lot. Also Wendy’s by a wide margin. In and Out is a whole lot better than Burger King or Jack In the Box, though. Also much better than 95% of the McDonald’s menu.

My favorite Burger is the Peanut Butter and Jalepeno Jelly Burger at Wilderness. Second is the Gastropub Burger at Gordon Biersch. I also like the burgers at “Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers” but I swear they up the salt by 20% to sell more beer. Also, too expensive for what it is.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
wow interesting ! I thought for sure Jack in the box would be a popular spot , they sure put a lot into advertising .. Watching a Coyotes game, all I see is Sanderson Ford, Jack in the Box, and Papa Johns :)

We do now have a Carl's junior in the Calgary area.. I actually thought they were not bad burgers.

Items at Jack in the Box are either a hit or miss. There's something there for everyone though.

{{Jack In The Box}}

Burgers: Others will recommend you get a burger with lots of toppings on it like. The Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger is very popular.
There's fries, curly fries, bacon and cheddar potato wadges.
The tacos are a must as they're unique with how they're deep fried.
You have shakes or some other creation there and this summer it's going to be their soda floats.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
We need White Castle joints here in Arizona. I know you can buy them in the freezer section, but I bet the White Castle joints would do well here.

https://www.whitecastle.com/

White Castle in Vegas menu. I'm surprised there's a White Castle in Vegas and it looks very pricey.

White-Castle-Menu-Layout-2016-09-01.jpg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We need White Castle joints here in Arizona. I know you can buy them in the freezer section, but I bet the White Castle joints would do well here.

https://www.whitecastle.com/

White Castle in Vegas menu. I'm surprised there's a White Castle in Vegas and it looks very pricey.

White-Castle-Menu-Layout-2016-09-01.jpg
I haven't had White Castle in years, but I was not impressed when I tried it. I stopped by Sonic a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of their burger. Maybe I was just hungry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->