OT: Favorite burger place in Arizona

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm not particularly a fan of burger places where it costs like $14 for a double burger, fries, and a drink. Even if they are good they aren't double the price good.

There's this place in Surprise called Jim's Burgers and Eggs which is pretty good. Fries are a little lacking though.

Lennys is another local option.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not particularly a fan of burger places where it costs like $14 for a double burger, fries, and a drink. Even if they are good they aren't double the price good.

There's this place in Surprise called Jim's Burgers and Eggs which is pretty good. Fries are a little lacking though.

Feel free to edit the poll, I didn't really know what to add :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I rarely eat burgers anymore. Just lost my taste for them. My new favorite fast food place is Salad and Go. Greek salad with steak on top. Had that for lunch today. Steak probably keeps it from being very healthy but it has to taste good for me to eat it and that's a damn good meal!

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
We have a Wayback Burger locally near me. Apparently, they haven't made it to AZ yet (perhaps a franchise opportunity for someone?) but there are some in Cali.

Good burgers and shakes and not too overpriced. Although I've never tried one, they do have a triple-triple (yes 9 patties) for those who would like to attempt it. They occasionally have competitions on who can eat one the quickest (blech!); in fact, I think they are having one next week.

Like Sniper, I've gotten away from burgers, but I'll still have 1 or 2 a month, so if I'm gonna have one might as well be a gourmet (pricier) option.

Now, I did like the ostrich burgers at Fuddruckers (when they were available). I haven't been to one since I lived in NJ (about 9 years ago), but they are opening a new location locally on a road I use on my return home from work, so I may switch to them for 1 of my 2 burgers in those "burger-heavy" months. Apparently nearby locations have started offering Elk burgers as one of their exotic options, so I'll definitely try that out at some point (once they open).

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not really a huge burger fan myself, but I eat them more often than I care to admit. With my change in employment status as of today, I'll have more time and energy to actually cook regular meals instead of picking up fast food on the way home from work "because to hell with it I'm tired."

I do occasionally enjoy making a good homemade burger though. Preferably with at least 50% lamb as the meat. I've been over pure beef (not just for burgers either) for at least 5-6 years.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Slightly OT in an OT thread, but I'm looking forward to taking on the Vegas Golden Knishes!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That was remo, I eat burgers all the time. Delicious.

Probably gonna have one later tonight.

If I'm going to have a big chunk of beef I'd rather it be a ribeye or some beef ribs. You can keep the bun. I'm serious about the Greek Salad with steak on top at Salad and Go though. Never thought I'd eat at a freaking salad place but it's legit.

Reactions: Jakey53

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If I'm going to have a big chunk of beef I'd rather it be a ribeye or some beef ribs. You can keep the bun. I'm serious about the Greek Salad with steak on top at Salad and Go though. Never thought I'd eat at a freaking salad place but it's legit.
There's a Greek place at 43rd ave and Thunderbird called king gyro that has the best Greek salad ever. Everything else is amazing there too.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I love burgers but apparently I'm not on top of my game as I never tried any of those restaurants besides In N' Out. In N' Out is my go to when I'm starving and want a burger.

But lately I've been making more of my own burgers at home. It is significantly cheaper and I can make it exactly how I want it. Very simple to make.. 80/20 ground beef, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, let it marinate for awhile in the fridge, sit it out a little bit before cooking, and then throw it in a pan and cook it for a few minutes. Sauté some onions in the leftover grease and dry those when cooked. Finally warm the bun in the pan and put it all together with some cheese, lettuce, pickles, etc..

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

This is the place I was thinking of, that we used to go to when I worked near Metrocenter in the mid oughts (I-17/Glendale location). I was like "Freddy's? it sounds like that but that's not it..."

That same job was right across from the Fuddruckers at I-17/Dunlap, and I had my share of ostrich burgers (c'mon I live in Chandler, it should be our official burger)

Arizona Wilderness PB&J Burger (Peanut Butter & Jalepeno Jelly).

That intrigues me, and I really should walk over there from work more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad