Music: Favorite Black Sabbath album?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This will make no sense, but to me Heaven and Hell is better than any Black Sabbath album, but isnt the best Black Sabbath album. Figure that out lol,

My vote goes to master of Reality.

upload_2020-1-28_13-51-4.jpeg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Who's counting the 3rd.
Everyone. Dehumanizer was released under the Black Sabbath name and featured Dio on vocals. It was a banger, too.

I can understand arguments for not counting The Devil You Know as the 4th Dio-era album, as it wasn’t actually released under a Black Sabbath moniker. But it should count as well, IMO. Also a great album.

In other words, you’re all sorts of wrong about their being only 2 albums in the Dio era.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Everyone. Dehumanizer was released under the Black Sabbath name and featured Dio on vocals. It was a banger, too.

I can understand arguments for not counting The Devil You Know as the 4th Dio-era album, as it wasn’t actually released under a Black Sabbath moniker. But it should count as well, IMO. Also a great album.

In other words, you’re all sorts of wrong about their being only 2 albums in the Dio era.

TETO. Different circles and all, it all became a bit of a joke the way things played out. The composition and material varied greatly depending on which singer was involved. The original line up was Sabbath and altered when Dio stepped in and then ,well you know the rest of the story.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Ozzy Sabbath and Dio Sabbath are totally different bands. Yet, the arguments about Sabbath albums with two entirely different front men continues. Sabbath for me will always be Ozzy, Iommi, Ward and Butler.

1. Black Sabbath
2. Sabotage
3. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
4. Master of Reality
5. Vol 4.
6. Paranoid
7. Never Say Die
8. Technical Ecstasy

1. Heaven & Hell
2. Mob Rules
3. Dehumanizer

Oh and PS:

I have THE perfect ringtone which is a Sabbath tune. Guess which one?

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
"Who Are You?"

Am I right or am I right? Intro sounds just like a ringtone and as it continues to ring Ozzy starts asking "Who Are You?"

Believe it or not, this is the first song that popped into my head although it was the intro.

I remember the first time I heard this song; I was a teen in the mid-90s and had an 3-disc "Ozzy Years" compilation which filled in the blanks from the CDs I already had. It was really cheap so it was a more accessible way than buying all $20 CDs at the time. Anyway, I heard that synth intro and was like "whaaaaaaaaaaa?" Still a cool song that almost never gets any attention.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Believe it or not, this is the first song that popped into my head although it was the intro.

I remember the first time I heard this song; I was a teen in the mid-90s and had an 3-disc "Ozzy Years" compilation which filled in the blanks from the CDs I already had. It was really cheap so it was a more accessible way than buying all $20 CDs at the time. Anyway, I heard that synth intro and was like "whaaaaaaaaaaa?" Still a cool song that almost never gets any attention.

I was using Fairies Wear Boots as a wake up alarm for a while. Worked pretty well, one of my fav Sabbath songs.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad