Favin's Top 100 Prospects

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Interesting list. I don't see Quinn Hughes ever being better than Makar. For the list, I guess I've just seen Makar play at a high level in the playoffs, actual time in the NHL and done well, while Hughes has done jack squat.

But it's just a list.

Makar's play in the playoffs was overblown. He did fine, and will be good going forward, but this happens a lot, kids getting their debut in the playoffs/end of the season and looking really good at first.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
GMs would absolutely take either of those players in the top 50 let alone 200.

After the first 10 picks of any draft the players become lottery tickets.

I dont touch Vilardi with a 20 foot pole in a redraft

P10p

May 15, 2012
Love how people come in with a hot take opinion all fired up only to be proven factually wrong 2 posts later by some random poster, let alone the person who made the list.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Pretty brutal list, highlighted by two chronically injured guys no sane GM would select in the top 200 anymore in Vilardi and Timmins.
I had Vilardi at #73 and Timmins at #113...not sure what was meant by 'highlighted' but I am comfortable about where they are ranked.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I had Vilardi at #73 and Timmins at #113...not sure what was meant by 'highlighted' but I am comfortable about where they are ranked.

You have Timmins above Foote, Liljegren, Lundqvist etc ie. guys no sane GM would trade for Timmins, a prospect who has now missed a full year of hockey.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
guy puts out a list like this for people to look at and debate, and this is your post?? because Primeau is ranked too low for you, you need to put hahahahahahahahahahahahaha out there??

here is an idea hot shot, list your top 15 goalie prospects so we can all judge your list...we all will be anxiously awaiting it..
The mockeries are well deserved since Primeau should be ranked about where UPL is ranked based on his accomplishments in the NCAA at a very young age, based on his solid technic, his size, competitiveness, his poise and determination... His ranking is a joke, plain simple...

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
You have Timmins above Foote, Liljegren, Lundqvist etc ie. guys no sane GM would trade for Timmins, a prospect who has now missed a full year of hockey.
And he was dropped in these rankings accordingly. A healthy Timmons would have been near #8-12 on RHD list. He fell this year after missing time. But don't think he ought to fall outside top-200. Most recent news was that he would be 100% for start of 2019-20.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
And he was dropped in these rankings accordingly.

Funny, he seems to be a riser on your list. He was drafted well behind those first round picks I listed and has done nothing to climb above any of them.

Most recent news was that he would be 100% for start of 2019-20.

I’m not sure you understand how development works. Missing a full year of hockey (closer to a year and a half now) during the developmental years pretty much ends a prospects chances of reaching his initial perceived ceiling. There is no GM who would take damaged goods such as Timmins today above those first round picks I listed, who are all tracking well.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Funny, he seems to be a riser on your list. He was drafted well behind those first round picks I listed and has done nothing to climb above any of them.

I’m not sure you understand how development works. Missing a full year of hockey (closer to a year and a half now) during the developmental years pretty much ends a prospects chances of reaching his initial perceived ceiling. There is no GM who would take damaged goods such as Timmins today above those first round picks I listed, who are all tracking well.
I know enough about development to know there is no single rule that applies to all prospects.

For every injured prospect with unfulfilled potential, there is a David Pastrnak with his concussion or a Mathew Barzal and his knee.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

Why are you taking a difference in opinion so personally? You can disagree with someone without getting all haughty. Or I guess Favin put Timmins and Villardi higher because he hates your team's prospects and he hates you lol. Honestly, some of the up-in-arms reactions in this thread are hilarious. I'm sure every list of top prospects works out exactly according to consensus and anything else deserves ridicule.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I know enough about development to know there is no single rule that applies to all prospects.

For every injured prospect with unfulfilled potential, there is a David Pastrnak with his concussion or a Mathew Barzal and his knee.[/QUOTE]

This is false. There are far more prospects who miss a full season of hockey during their developmental years and are never the same level of prospect again. You just don’t hear about most of them because they don’t reach their potential.

Also, Barzal missed 2 and a half months with his knee injury, not 1+ years. Not comparable to Timmins.

Last edited:

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Thanks for posting....I'm sure this took you alot of time and effort.

I might disagree with some rankings, but hey, its all opinion right. The only one Il'll mention is:

17. Cayden Primeau, G, MTL
20. Michael McNiven, G, MTL

Seems really low on Primeau...couldn't believe him and McNiven are that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->