Fault: Trotz or Poile

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I wonder if inheriting Crosby and Malkin has something to do with that.

It certainly helps.

Fenton would inherit a couple of superstars as well.

I would also point out that Shero is a total opposite of Poile in regards to trades, free agency, and overall talent acquisition. He isn't overly aggressive like Paul Holmgren, but he is far from the conservative passive Poile approach.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
It certainly helps.

Fenton would inherit a couple of superstars as well.

I would also point out that Shero is a total opposite of Poile in regards to trades, free agency, and overall talent acquisition. He isn't overly aggressive like Paul Holmgren, but he is far from the conservative passive Poile approach.
Shero and Poile are different people. Shero has acquired 2 top 6 wingers for non-essential dmen. As soon as J Staal wouldn't agree a long-term extension, he traded him to maximize the asset. He fired a coach who took his team the SC Finals only a year before... and won the SC with the new coach. These are things that are just not in Poile's DNA.

Shere's name was out there. He was assitant GM with Ottawa before. He knew all the guys in mgmt circles and they got to know him. There is no way we as fans can make a educated view of a potential GM who has never been a GM before. Same goes for Fenton. We can only hope our owners make the right move...

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Garrioch doesnt know squat, at least not about Nashville, and I think this is just guessing on his part…

but that said, I also don't see Cigarran sitting on his hands very long without getting results.

if the owners told poile last summer, get this team to the playoffs, this year, or else… well that explains a lot of last summers moves…. but that also just doesn't sound like our ownership group.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Garrioch doesnt know squat, at least not about Nashville, and I think this is just guessing on his part…

but that said, I also don't see Cigarran sitting on his hands very long without getting results.

if the owners told poile last summer, get this team to the playoffs, this year, or else… well that explains a lot of last summers moves…. but that also just doesn't sound like our ownership group.

He must be reading the expert HF'ers on the Nashville board huh?
:)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I'd like to point out that Shero was the de facto GM of the Milwaukee Admirals in 2004.

That being said: Fenton as GM, Housley as coach, and Poile with a gold watch and some nice title and a desk job.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
One thing is for sure, this age old question that we have argued for years will likely be answered next season.

if Lavi takes essentially the same lineup and does dramatically better, especially if guys like Wilson and Stalberg both have big seasons, then those who have blamed trotz will be proven correct.

But if Lavi struggles and doesnt match Trotz's record from this year, even with a healthy Rinne, then we will know that Trotz was actually squeezing maximum results out of the mediocre talent provided by Poile

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
One thing is for sure, this age old question that we have argued for years will likely be answered next season.

if Lavi takes essentially the same lineup and does dramatically better, especially if guys like Wilson and Stalberg both have big seasons, then those who have blamed trotz will be proven correct.

But if Lavi struggles and doesnt match Trotz's record from this year, even with a healthy Rinne, then we will know that Trotz was actually squeezing maximum results out of the mediocre talent provided by Poile

Quoted for Truth

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Yup. I think its one reason this season will be fun to watch. At least we will probably answer the age old chicken/egg question we've had here for ages. Was it Trotz, or did the players simply not have it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad