Value of: Faulk to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
With Sekera out long term, Edmonton is in need of defense. Faulk will be able to quaterback the powerplay and generate some offense from the blueline and fill in for Sekera.

What would be a good/fair proposal here?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Faulk was given an A yesterday. Also, Pesce is out with "a lung issue" indefinitely.

At this point, Faulk is probably not being moved unless someone offers something better than market value, involving a substantial asset.

Reactions: Unsustainable

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
RNH would be the answer. Although if Larson can return a Hall then they night have to add in order to make this a fair trade from Carolina's perapective.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Faulk was given an A yesterday. Also, Pesce is out with "a lung issue" indefinitely.

At this point, Faulk is probably not being moved unless someone offers something better than market value, involving a substantial asset.
I don't think him getting a letter is an indicator that he isn't for sale. They wanted to go into camp with the players' letters in place, and even if Faulk is marked as a tradeable asset, that is no guarantee that he gets traded, so of course at this point they should assume he's on the team and that's it. It's also not uncommon for players at risk of leaving by one way or another are given letters, or having a A upgraded to a C.

The Pesce issue is a far better point that indicates Faulk wouldn't be for sale. At least, it would show that Carolina could and should delay the trade to do what is best for their team.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
With Sekera out long term, Edmonton is in need of defense. Faulk will be able to quaterback the powerplay and generate some offense from the blueline and fill in for Sekera.

What would be a good/fair proposal here?
No, he gets decimated in his own zone no freaking thanks.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Strome + Benning/ Kassian

Gives CAR a replacement RD and a 3C

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
RNH for Faulk would be awful for Carolina
Good thing they wont get RNH because they would likely be getting Benning + Kassian + pick.

Have people not learned after the Skinner trade and many other trades? The team trading the "best" player ALWAYS loses.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Have people not learned after the Skinner trade and many other trades? The team trading the "best" player ALWAYS loses.

That's not true

Jones/Johansson
J. Staal for 8th OA, Dumoulin, Sutter
St. Louis for Callahan and 2 1sts
Duchene for Girard, Kamanev, Bowers, 2019 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Erat (who was the best player at the time) for Forsberg
Kessel to Toronto for a 1st (Seguin) and 2nd (Hamilton)
M. Richards for Simmonds and B Schenn
Drouin for Sergachev

That's just off the top of my head. There are plenty of trades where value is equal or the team trading the best player does well.

No two trade are alike as team needs, contracts etc. Come into play. Skinner was a year away from UFA and wasn't going to be re-signed had a full NMC, and the team wanted to go in a different direction. Not even remotely apples to apples to Faulk.

I'm not predicting what a return for Faulk would be (and I'd expect it to be less the closer he gets to UFA status), just saying that your statement above isn't true.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Trevor Van Riemsdyk to Edmonton for Strome or 2nd + prospect is more in line with what Edmonton fans want to pay. Solves the Canes RHD logjam if Pesce is ready.

Last edited:

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Blackhawks Murphy out back injury. Anisimov/prospect for Faulk
will help both teams.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Blackhawks Murphy out back injury. Anisimov/prospect for Faulk
will help both teams.
I think a trade like that would have already happened if Anisimov would waive his NTC, but this does make it more likely that the Hawks up the ante.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Faulk off, we do not want him in Edmonton at all unless he is traded for like a second.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If I'm Faulk I'd gladly take this deal in Edmonton.

If he doesn't see himself here long-term, that is fine for both us and him. He see's the opportunity that this gives us to slowly develop Bouch, while it gives him the opportunity to put up big PP numbers that will make him high value when he hits free agency. He's lost his spot on the PP to Dougie, and won't be getting any big minutes in Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad