Confirmed with Link: Faulk & 5th to STL for Edmundson, Bokk, 2021 7th

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
no.... Because Petro's 6.5 is coming off the books. I cannot imagine the Blues giving up on the ONLY captain to lead you to a cup, They have to have a plan, and I would guess they talked to Petro's camp before all this went down. Petro will have a statue in front of the building someday, I am willing to bet on it
I'm just saying in terms of making the cap work. Petro's contact expires, and Faulk's extension is the exact same. If Faulk wasn't here, then you'd just need to free up about 3 million for Petro. Now with Faulk's extension in place, we'll have to find a bit more to make Petro's deal work.

It's still very much a possibility that we extend Petro.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Why are people saying he is replacing Petro? IF Petro leaves Parayko is Petro's replacement.. I could see Army flip Faulk and possible other pieces to get a young top 4 LHD. Any LHD heavy teams out there?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Why are people saying he is replacing Petro? IF Petro leaves Parayko is Petro's replacement.. I could see Army flip Faulk and possible other pieces to get a young top 4 LHD. Any LHD heavy teams out there?

Boston is stacked on the LHD with many prospects as well.

BluesBrother

Sep 22, 2009
Finland
I like Army’s style.. if Petro decides to walk for max. money, we have something in Parayko and Faulk.. If Petro will stay for 9mil/year, Seattle can have Faulk.. whatever happens, Blues are stronger team this year and going for a deep run!! I like it a lot!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Put me in the confused group. IF he is being taken as a carrot to dangle for Seattle, then I'm not sure I'm happy paying Bokk for the privilege. While our PP certainly needed a boost, I'm not a fan of having too many mostly offensive D around and Dunn already fits that bill pretty well. We know moving Eddy was rumored for awhile, but tough to figure out why this was the deal they went for. They must see good value in Faulk, and maybe didn't wanna miss the chance to lock him up. Still, I am gonna need some time to figure this one out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
good move. eddy was a healthy scratch many times during the playoffs as he is very inconsistent.

faulk is a top tier dman, mini shattenkirk but much better defensively. put him on a good team like STL and you will see his +- soar imo.

AwesomeSince86

Apr 21, 2015
Also very confused with this one. Makes us overly heavy on at RHD and makes the Petro extension more difficult. Id like to think that have a plan with this but I dont see it.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Now seeing from Canes folks that he hasn't. I may be misremembering. ???

He's going to have to learn quick. He may not be deployed on his off-side the first half of the year, but I can't imagine a scenario in which we don't enter the playoffs with a plan of playing Parayko/Petro 24min+ each.

Worked pretty well last time. If I had to pick our one competitive advantage throughout the playoffs, it's the fact that one of those two monsters were on the ice 80% of the time. Even with the addition of Faulk, I can't imagine they'd opt to spread the wealth in dire circumstances.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Put me in the confused group. IF he is being taken as a carrot to dangle for Seattle, then I'm not sure I'm happy paying Bokk for the privilege. While our PP certainly needed a boost, I'm not a fan of having too many mostly offensive D around and Dunn already fits that bill pretty well. We know moving Eddy was rumored for awhile, but tough to figure out why this was the deal they went for. They must see good value in Faulk, and maybe didn't wanna miss the chance to lock him up. Still, I am gonna need some time to figure this one out.
I don't think he was acquired to dangle to Seattle. But if we resign Petro and subsequently lose Faulk to expansion draft, I don't think that is terrible outcome. It's not as if we would have essentially lost Bokk to expansion. We would have used Bokk to rent Faulk for 2 years, which would be of great value to a contender.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
I'm going to reserve outright judgment for now, but on the face of it I don't understand it. Obviously there are some levers here that the FO must be thinking about in order to make this move and commit so confidently.

1) Faulk has never played on the left side and he's probably not strong enough defensively to do something like that, he's not the strongest on the right side already.

2) He plays a lot of PK time historically but not well. Analytics make him look terrible on the PK.

3) Everyone in Carolina thinks he was a bad fit on the powerplay and are glad to have him off. He got the minutes but wasn't necessarily the stud I think a lot of people are assuming.

4) That is a big cap hit for a 3rd pair RHD.. especially through age 35. We saw what happened to Shatty in the last couple of years.

5) I don't know how we'll divide the minutes between Petro / Parayko / Faulk long term. I think Pietrangelo needs 24+ and Parayko needs 22+, leaving 14 minutes for Faulk and his LHD. Faulk is used to 22+, so his numbers likely scale down with 2/3 the ice time.

On the plus side, RHD seem like a valuable and scarce resource in the league right now. Having three solid guys there is a luxury, even if it's an expensive one. Any word yet on whether he has a NTC/NMC on the extension? We're probably the best right-hand side in the league again.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's going to have to learn quick. He may not be deployed on his off-side the first half of the year, but I can't imagine a scenario in which we don't enter the playoffs with a plan of playing Parayko/Petro 24min+ each.

Worked pretty well last time. If I had to pick our one competitive advantage throughout the playoffs, it's the fact that one of those two monsters were on the ice 80% of the time. Even with the addition of Faulk, I can't imagine they'd opt to spread the wealth in dire circumstances.

maybe parayko moves over to play left for faulk, similar to pesce in carolina

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Seems like it is an insurance move in-case Pietrangelo heads out after next season.

If Pietrangelo decides to re-sign, I assume that means we trade Faulk at next years draft? Top-4 RHD on a reasonable, long-term contract, seems to be highly coveted these days.

Or is there another trade on the horizon?

Anyways, f*** it, lets go win another cup

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
for those numbers above, faulk will probably be 2nd pk and 2nd pp, even on the 3rd pair itll put him around or above minutes if the 2nd pair lefty

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I'm good with the price to pay to acquire him.

I'm so-so on the extension.

I'm terrified of what this means for Pietrangelo.

All 3 of these are exactly where I'm at. Love the price they paid to get him, nearly baffled at how much they paid him, and sounds like Pietrangelo told him he's shopping this summer.

I would feel a lot better if Faulk can play left side.

All in all my mood right now on this is about a C-.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad