Confirmed with Link: Faulk & 5th to STL for Edmundson, Bokk, 2021 7th

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
So.... how are we going to fit this all under the cap? Is there another trade incoming or are we going to run 2 extra players max?

Reactions: stlwahoo

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well Edmundson was probably not going to stay after this year anyway, so got something out of him there. Not happy the Blues had to part with Bokk, especially given that his last year wasn't terrible. Really confused as to why it was Faulk that was targeted, and even more confused how quickly a contract was signed. Concerned what this contract will do for the Pietrangelo talks.

I have a lot of conflicting emotions right now. But I've always liked Faulk and his puck-moving abilities, so I'm glad the splash was big if it was going to be made.

Reactions: mk80 and CCBC

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What the hell just happened? The only way this makes sense is if we think Petro isn’t going to stay.

That said we are ****ing stacked defensively this year.
This certainly gives them a few options and the ability to hedge over his contract demands. That said I think they find a way to get him signed as well.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I have to echo the sentiments most have posted here. The only thing I can think is that Petro and the Blues had opening discussions and the Blues realized that bringing him back was highly unlikely. You can only tie up so much money in the right side of the defense, and with Petro's sizable raise coming I don't think there is a way we can afford all three of Petro, Parayko, and Faulk and I'd rather have Petro at 9.5M than Faulk at 6.5M.

This is great news for this season. Faulk in for Eddy is a huge upgrade, and losing Bokk sucks, but it's the price of business and I think he's pretty replaceable with Kostin and Kyrou as two good top six winger prospects. Just value-wise I think we did fine in this deal, I just don't like the feeling that this is Petro's last year in the Blue Note.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think we lost the trade in terms of value, the extension was an overpay, and a RD seemed to be the last thing we need. Only thing that makes sense to me is Petro planned to walk after this season.

Reactions: Stealth JD

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Dunn-Petro
Bouw-Colt
Carl-Faulk
Bort

Has to be the most likely setup.
stacked on the right and only okay on the left there

was hoping he can play his off side to make:
faulk-pietrangelo
bouwmeester - parayko
dunn - bortuzzo
gunnarsson

Reactions: Zamadoo

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ummm... What just happened?

I mean sure I wasn't happy with Eddy, but Faulk doesn't really fit the team mold Berube sets forward. And as previously mentioned that cap hit moving forward makes extensions problematic - on top of giving us way too many players on the RD side.

You've got to think this means there's more to come unless the intent is to have Faulk play his offside as LD 1/2.

Thallis

Progression is not linear
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I think it's a lot more indicative of where contracts are going... especially for PM RD.

I'd much rather have Gardiner who went way cheaper. I see Faulk as more of that "middle class" of players that are starting to get squeezed out by the huge RFA contracts. Honestly, I really disagree with trading for a defenseman at all this year. If anything we need a top 6 LW to play with O'Rielly and Perron.

Reactions: Stealth JD

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If he plays left, then JBo is done after this year, and you can move Bortz that leaves room to sign Petro with a couple of ELC contracts on the team.

If I were Schenn though, I probably wouldn't be making any long term purchases in St. Louis unless they move Bozak.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->