Confirmed with Link: Faulk & 5th to STL for Edmundson, Bokk, 2021 7th

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Slightly off topic and not totally excusing him but Thomas has had some nice passes that haven’t been capitalized on. But I agree with your main point.
Agreed, he served up a hat trick for Schwartz against the dogs. And Ive been pretty critical of Thomas

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Really suprised that we don't any talk about Faulk situation. In my eyes Faulk is that bad so he needs to be traded before his NTC hits in.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Really suprised that we don't any talk about Faulk situation. In my eyes Faulk is that bad so he needs to be traded before his NTC hits in.

1) The NTC already kicked in. In signing the extension, we agreed to a full NTC this year as well. He has a full NTC this year, and the first 5 years on the new deal. He won't be tradeable (without Faulk agreeing to waive his NTC) until after the 2025 playoffs.

2) Several people have talked about it. Some have expressed your opinion. Some still want to give it time. Some think he has been ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
1) The NTC already kicked in. In signing the extension, we agreed to a full NTC this year as well. He has a full NTC this year, and the first 5 years on the new deal. He won't be tradeable (without Faulk agreeing to waive his NTC) until after the 2025 playoffs.

2) Several people have talked about it. Some have expressed your opinion. Some still want to give it time. Some think he has been ok.
Faulk's play has been inconsistent, with bright spots and periods of weak play. He's been subpar over all. But it's still too early to know how he'll be once he's fully comfortable in The Blues' system. I'd give him 20-25 more games before making that judgement.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Didn't know he already had NTC.

I can't read what JR has writed, but looks like its not big issue to him to talk about Faulk situation in public.

Looks like Canes fans were right about Faulk.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I think he's been fine. Huge upgrade over Eddy and it's looking more and more like we gave up nothing of substance in Bokk. The extension is questionable, but we can easily get Seattle to take him if we really want to. I would do this trade 100 times out of 100. Eddy was downright horrible for much of the past two seasons.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i'll give faulk at least half a season or more before weighing in on his play with any certainty

there's still 61 games left in this season, no need to write him off so impulsively

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Didn't know he already had NTC.

I can't read what JR has writed, but looks like its not big issue to him to talk about Faulk situation in public.

Looks like Canes fans were right about Faulk.

Yea, its unfortunate you cannot read the article. You should subscribe to read JR really tear into Faulk.

Reactions: Ranksu

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Yea, its unfortunate you cannot read the article. You should subscribe to read JR really tear into Faulk.
The Athletic is such a wonderful site for information about hockey and all the other major sports. I don't know why anyone would be reluctant to subscribe. Everyone should do it today. Give another one to a friend or family member for Christmas!

-Paid for by The Athletic and all of its related properties

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
IF JR post Allen bash article I'm going to subscribe life time long membership för athletic. Imagine 'Kitten soft Allen should send to waivers and bring up Hude'

Looks like JR is great person after all.

Reactions: thedustman

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Faulk hasn't been awful, but yea, below expectations. You can still see him thinking in a lot of situations - when he just reacts, he's legitimately good. I'm not sure how long it'll take for him to adapt to the point at which I'm happy overall.

But he's still better than Edmundson was the last two years with the Blues, even if his contract ends up being really bad.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Been sitting on this take since the trade and I think it's time for me to unleash it.

Bortuzzo > Faulk

Reactions: simon IC

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
What are you guys talking about on Eddy being bad for the past 2 seasons? I recall him having one of his best seasons the year they missed the playoffs on the last day.

It’s hard to use stats when measuring defenseman. Still for a good example, Petro had 42 points in the 2017-18 season and was a plus 2. Eddy had 17 points and was a -1.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Athletic is such a wonderful site for information about hockey and all the other major sports. I don't know why anyone would be reluctant to subscribe. Everyone should do it today. Give another one to a friend or family member for Christmas!

-Paid for by The Athletic and all of its related properties
Still laughing at this.

I don't bother with JR's stuff any more, other than quickly skimming to read the direct quotes from other people. His analysis is superficial, even though he's trying to use advanced stats at times.

Since the deep playoff run (even before the SCF) the Athletic has had a number of other writers producing pieces on the Blues as well. There's usually at least one worthwhile piece a week that doesn't have JR's fingerprints on it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
My question to those who posit that Faulk has not been put in a position to succeed, how are the Blues going to do that? To be put in the optimal position to succeed, he needs to have a regular partner, preferably one who is responsible defensively. He should also be played on his natural side, so the right. He then needs to be given ample playing time. To accommodate Faulk's need for ice time, and to keep him on the right, either Pietrangelo or Parayko (or both) play less minutes, or one of the latter has to play on the left. Parayko has been shifted over lately and I think it has curtailed his effectiveness. Other posters have at least echoed my dissatisfaction of Parayko's play lately. To give Faulk a responsible partner, he has to paired with either Bouwmeester or Gunnarsson. (We all have witnessed what a shit-show a Dunn-Faulk pairing is!) If Faulk is paired with JBo, we then can't use the proven shut-down line of JBo-Parayko. On top of all this, we are in a competitive Conference with a lot of parity, and we are minus our top scorer. With that significant loss to our offence, we are going to have to rely even more on our defensive prowess to stay afloat in the standings, so we don't really have the luxury of putting up with defensive miscues while Faulk adjusts to our system. The more we try to shoe-horn Faulk into our game, the more we risk losing ground.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I think he has been fine, it's tough trying to gel with a team when you didn't have the offseason or most of preseason to train and practice with them. And we have been moving him all around the lineup, up and down, left and right.

He hasn't been super flashy, but I really like his breakouts from the defensive zone, quick, simple, accurate passing. I think he's a little more reliable than Dunn on the power play as well.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
I'm fine with the Faulk trade although not super impressed by it. However this contract extension is going to look insanely bad IMO.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I’m willing to be patient with Faulk, once he scores a goal and gets some confidence going I bet he’ll start to elevate his game.

I want to see these pairings:

Dunn-Petro
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Gunner-Faulk
Bortz

if the blues get any more injuries

dunn-parayko
bouwmeester - faulk
gunnarsson - bortuzzo

pietrangelo takes over tarasenko's spot as a forward

Reactions: shpongle falls

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m willing to be patient with Faulk, once he scores a goal and gets some confidence going I bet he’ll start to elevate his game.

I want to see these pairings:

Dunn-Petro
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Gunner-Faulk
Bortz

I really think we should just balance out the pairs to save some energy throughout the season.

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Faulk

I’d feel comfortable with all 3 pairs being on the ice at any point of a game, to be honest.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->