OT: Fatal bus crash in Westboro

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I can tell you guys in my 14 years on the highway I have seen some terrible stuff,usually it is speed and complacency that are the root causes...I have come super close a few times by not paying attention ...Last bout of stupidity 7 years ago cost me 4k ,as I jackknifed on an ice covered road driving full throttle ....Totally my fault ,luckly I didnt hit anyone and managed to keep her out of the cabbage,but ever since then I dont go balls out in winter any longer...It only takes a second and it all over

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Allegedly the driver was arrested because she wasn't cooperating and didn't want to go down to the station voluntarily. Also reports she's had two previous collisions

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
She had multiple collisions before this and was on probation. How the hell was she allowed to still drive the bus?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Allegedly the driver was arrested because she wasn't cooperating and didn't want to go down to the station voluntarily.

Alot of unknowns, i.e. was she in shock
As a driver you are required to provide certain details to an officer after an accident, but being arrested because you refused to voluntarily go to the police station is odd. I would have to think it has more to do with the former.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Alot of unknowns, i.e. was she in shock
As a driver you are required to provide certain details to an officer after an accident, but being arrested because you refused to voluntarily go to the police station is odd. I would have to think it has more to do with the former.
I think she was in shock. If it were me I don't think I'd know what to do or how to handle it or myself. I drive on the Ottawa River Parkway at that same time every day and during the January/February months the sun glare going West is insane. My guess would have been she didn't see the station and or curve and unfortunately crashed.

I suspect it's similar for bus drivers, my friend works for NAV Canada and if she's ever in an accident while driving needs to provide blood and urine tests for drugs and if found to be over the limit she would be fired.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Exactly. My step dad is a top construction guy in the city and he worked there for a good portion of the summer. Said sun wasn't a factor there.

The Sun's position in the Summer, is not the same as it is in the winter.

During the Summer, when the Sun rises in the morning, it shines through the back window of my house, and during the Winter, when it rises, it shines through the front window of my house.

Also the Sun sits lower to the horizon in the winter, than it does in the Summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad