Fasthockey streaming service

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Anyone on here currently have this streaming service? They seem to offer an incredible amount of jr hockey but the price tag is really high. How's the video quality(I'm assuming it varies by league). Is it really worth the price?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Long time subscriber here:

No complaints with the service. Make sure you have your password remembered (either in your head or a third party app) as the site will log you out automatically after 15 minutes or so.

Video quality varies by rink. Some streams also have muted audio too.

Almost everyone in the USHL (including NTDP) has HD streaming with overlays. Chilliwack AFAIK is the only BCHL team with HD services. Some of the OJHL teams have close-to-HD quality and some of the southern-based NAHL teams have almost HD quality services as well. The Aston Rebels are the only NAHL team with HD services from what I saw.

The great thing is, you get coverage of pretty much every international/junior event out there. I'm not kidding. I saw Mexico and North Korea play a few months ago in the WC D2B tournament. It was awesome and entertaining. Any tournament that they don't carry can likely be found on laola1.tv (which is legal btw).

You also get the NAHL showcase and NAHL Top Prospects Tournament, which are heavily scouted tournaments due to the number of potential NHL draftees there.

Last edited:

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Long time subscriber here:

No complaints with the service. Make sure you have your password remembered (either in your head or a third party app) as the site will log you out automatically after 15 minutes or so.

Video quality varies by rink. Some streams also have muted audio too.

Almost everyone in the USHL (including NTDP) has HD streaming with overlays. Chilliwack AFAIK is the only BCHL team with HD services. Some of the OJHL teams have close-to-HD quality and some of the southern-based NAHL teams have almost HD quality services as well. The Aston Rebels are the only NAHL team with HD services from what I saw.

The great thing is, you get coverage of pretty much every international/junior event out there. I'm not kidding. I saw Mexico and North Korea play a few months ago in the WC D2B tournament. It was awesome and entertaining. Any tournament that they don't carry can likely be found on laola1.tv (which is legal btw).

You also get the NAHL showcase and NAHL Top Prospects Tournament, which are heavily scouted tournaments due to the number of potential NHL draftees there.

Thanks for the review! So it logs you out mid game? Or after 15min of being idle. I think I may give this a try, just wish the price wasn't so high haha

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Thanks for the review! So it logs you out mid game? Or after 15min of being idle. I think I may give this a try, just wish the price wasn't so high haha

No it logs you out once you advance to another screen.

So if you watch a video (it opens it in a new tab), and don't visit the main tab for 15 minutes, it'll log you out.

So it won't interrupt your viewing, but if you're done watching a game and want to move onto another, you may need to log back in.

Yea the price is pretty high. I watch a lot of hockey at all levels so it's a bit easier for me to stomach.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's a monthly fee, right? That's how you pay? The CHL services let you pick a game or a team or league but it's all one up front cost. Can you just pay for one month? Is it a pain to cancel?

Hockeydad67

May 3, 2014
According to the site you can pay for a single month.

You just need to unsubscribe before the 1st of the next month. You should be able to pay for a one month subscription, log out, log back in and cancel your subscription and you will be charged for your initial month and that's it. To get the most of your subscription, you should subscribe on the 1st of the month.

BeenThere

Oct 24, 2015
You can also stream Fast Hockey through Roku, (not apple tv though) makes it very easy to navigate the leagues and games by date, don't have to worry about login / log off issues, stream quality varies as does audio, sometimes you get some very entertaining local play by play.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'm guessing that the WSHL will no longer be offered by FastHockey. The WSHL just partnered with BlackDog Enterprises.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
They used to have game credits that you could purchase that was way over priced. Now it's 22/mo. and renews every month unless you cancel. It's actually a good price since I watch all the NTDP/other USHL games as well as the U17 tournament, WJC pre tournament as well as some other international events. There is U16 games and showcases on their as well now. USHL is mandating all teams have HD this coming season and all across the board various streams are getting updated. They have significantly improved over the course of the last few years. Never buffers for me either. I like it a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad