Fastest two goals with same scorer and same two assists.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
The Edmonton Oilers 1979 Twitter feed posted a summary from an Oilers at Jets game from 40 years ago today in which the Jets scored two goals 22 seconds apart - both goals were Morris Lukowich from Ron Wilson and Peter Marsh. Is there any way of telling if that's a record for same scorer and same two guys with assists (amazing there's no noun for that - assisters?) in the same order? The goals came at 10:06 and 10:28 of the 3d period in an 8-3 Jets win.

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
Well Billy Mosienko scored 3 goals in 21 seconds. Hockey summary project does not have the stats but Wiki says all 3 goals were assisted by Gus Bodnar.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Well Billy Mosienko scored 3 goals in 21 seconds. Hockey summary project does not have the stats but Wiki says all 3 goals were assisted by Gus Bodnar.

Yes, I vaguely remember that but it seemed unlikely that there would have been time for two assists on each of three goals scored that quickly.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
You're talking about the closest two goals with exactly the same goal-scorer, primary assister, and secondary assister - right?

Two candidates:

Chicago Blackhawks - Detroit Red Wings - March 19th, 1942 - March 19, 1942. Don Grosso scored two goals eight seconds apart, both primary assists Sid Abel, both secondary assists by Eddie Wares.

Boston Bruins - Detroit Red Wings - February 22nd, 1958 - February 22, 1958. Jack McIntyre also scored twice, eight seconds apart. Gordie Howe got both primary assists, Sid Abel got both secondary assists.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I read about that in a history book in great detail. I recall Bodnar won the first two draws cleanly and passed quickly. The third draw was a scramble that was recovered for the goal.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
You're talking about the closest two goals with exactly the same goal-scorer, primary assister, and secondary assister - right?

Two candidates:

Chicago Blackhawks - Detroit Red Wings - March 19th, 1942 - March 19, 1942. Don Grosso scored two goals eight seconds apart, both primary assists Sid Abel, both secondary assists by Eddie Wares.

Boston Bruins - Detroit Red Wings - February 22nd, 1958 - February 22, 1958. Jack McIntyre also scored twice, eight seconds apart. Gordie Howe got both primary assists, Sid Abel got both secondary assists.

Thank you ... I guess it wouldn't be that hard for it to happen quickly if they put the same line out again. I knew it had to be less than 22 seconds.

It would be neat to know the record for most identical scoring plays in one game, one season ... or in league history (maybe not worrying about primary/secondary in the latter cases). I think that might have been discussed here at one point but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad