Fastest Rise, Hardest Fall?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sam Ganger and Dustin Penner? Not dominant perhaps but pretty good to suddenly poof.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Warren Young.

Plays his first full season with a rookie named Mario Lemieux and scores 40 goals. Signs a big contract with the Detroit Red Wings that offseason and predictably underproduces. He's dealt back to Pittsburgh the next offseason and plays a season and half before he's out of the NHL. Basically plays two and a half NHL seasons.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Do you mean fast rise, short dominance, fast fall or fast rise long dominance, fast fall? I'm gonna go with Wade Redden.

akirayeung

May 19, 2015
Toronto
Didn't really come out of no where because he was the 8th overall pick in 2005, but Devin Setoguchi was fantastic and the line of Guch-Thornton-Heatley (don't remember if it was Heatley, might have been Patty) that line was fantastic. I remember being so mad when we traded Guch but I understood about Burns. Then he went to Minnesota and was garbage. Still has never recovered.

Wut about Cheechoo?! :laugh:

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Andrew Hammond and Mike Condon.

They were the talk of the league for 1 season and that was it.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Linus Omark may actually have the shortest peak in NHL history. He had a shootout goal that had the league talking. Granted his rookie year was good, being on pace for 43 points. But I'm constantly having to remind myself that he did anything outside of that goal.

Was a PPG AHL player. Had a good rookie year, then showed up next year and put up 3 points in 15 games, went to Europe for a year, came back and had a good 30 game stretch before heading to buffalo to put up 2 assists in 13 games for buffalo before heading off to be great in the KHL.

Best part of his time is the Boston Pizza at WEM has a picture of H.O.P.E with him, Hall, Eberle and MPS. It's hilarious to see now.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
fabian bruunstrom

fastest rise - his first game, cant get any faster than that

hardest fall - well, everything after his first game

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
dynamic_resize

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
mentioned couple times but it has to be the "net detective" and also the reason why the people who vote on the awards each season are dumb. Carey won 35 games with 9 shutouts to win the vezina. Find it hard to believe Roy, Brodeur, Belfour, Hasek and seven other guys didnt have as good a season. Also didnt realize Carey got to be part of the USA world cup win. There have been few articles that can be googled about how much carey hated hockey after leaving the bruins.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Stamkos... 97 points and 60 goals in 2011-12. Richard... Then...

Ovechkin... Was on pace for 124 points in 2009-10. Ted Lindsay... Then became trash.

This can't be serious. Dude has scored 50+ goals 7 times in his career, and the last time he did that was....LAST SEASON.

There are some pretty good names in here. Completely forgot about Petr Prucha. Roman Chechmanek fell of the face of the Earth. One day he was in the NHL, and the next, vanished.

Jim Carey, Andrew Hammond, Jonathan Cheechoo are probably who I'd go with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad