Fastest prospect??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Prospect: Tony Salmelainen(EDM) and Konstantin Koltsov(PIT)

NHLer: Jason Chimera was clocked with the fastest time ever in a lap around an NHL rink, so to be the man, you have to beat the man.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
I am not sure who is the fastest, but the most important thing IMO is not the top speed but acceleration, explosiveness. The top speed across top NHLer doesnt vary a lot, but an explosive first few steps let a player get in the clear while the other is picking up speed. So to me the rink lap doesn't mean much, but say a 30foot dash and back is a much more accurate measure.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Antoine Vermette is defenitely right up there. Two years ago in training camp, they took his skating times in camp, and it was better than anybody else in the Sen history. THat includes Hossa, Havlat, Shawn McEachearn and so forth. He's pure speed, right up there with guys like Koltsov.

JasonMacIsaac

Nolan is that fast? He never seemed to be that fast at devils camps. He is pretty big with loads of offense also, I hope he works out in Vancouver.

JasonMacIsaac

The only prospect of NJ thats fast is Teemu Laine, he is mach type fast, he can't do anything else though lol. I want a closer look of him in North America though.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Player: Chimera, obviously
Prospect: Koltsov

I've never seen Chimera, so for all I know Koltsov is the fastest period. I've seen Koltsov though, live too, and he is the fastest thing I've ever seen.

JasonMacIsaac

Anyone from Finland to compare Laine to other players. I once heard he could be the fastest in Finland, I doubt this is true but I bet he is fast though.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
shveik said:
I am not sure who is the fastest, but the most important thing IMO is not the top speed but acceleration, explosiveness. The top speed across top NHLer doesnt vary a lot, but an explosive first few steps let a player get in the clear while the other is picking up speed. So to me the rink lap doesn't mean much, but say a 30foot dash and back is a much more accurate measure.

That's why I picked Sjostrom. The kid has wheels, but he can also hit full speed in about 3 strides or so. And he isn't a little guy either.

Steve Latin*

shveik said:

Exactly, didn't Shawn Heins set some sort of record for skating around a rink, but he looked like an average skater, at best, for the Pens. Meanwhile, Kolstov has explosive acceleration. I don't think I've seen anyone with a better first 3 strides than him other than Bure.

S L

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Euro said:
Carter wasn't even the fastest player in his draft class.
He won the fastest skater competition in the OHL or something like that, but I think that Koltsov is definitely the fastest prospect right now.

#37-#93-#27*

flyers guy said:
He won the fastest skater competition in the OHL or something like that, but I think that Koltsov is definitely the fastest prospect right now.
Not every prospect is in the OHL.

#37-#93-#27*

flyers guy said:
Really? Thanks, I didn't know that. :rolleyes:
I was just stating that he must be pretty fast if he won the fastest skater competition in the OHL.
No problem.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Euro said:
NHLer : Rico Fata

Prospects: Polak, Koltsov, Tambellini

Polak has decent speed, but by no means is he among the fastest prospects. Much less the fastest on the Stars, I'd give that nod to Jokinen. or Trevor Daley.

Fastest prospect? Tough call.. though I know for sure Daley is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad