fastest and most electrifying player

12 oz Papa*

fastest Player
Fedorov or Bure

most electrifying player
Bure and now Ovechkin

still cant forget the 5 goals Bure scored in Olympic games in one game against finland
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jL_p_kMMc5E

Fedorov is nowhere near the fastest, he's fast, sure, but not the fastest. Bure, I've never seen him play in person, so, I can't comment.

Ovechkin truly does seem to fall into the "electrifying" category though.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Bure was fast, but not the fastest, what was amazing was how much control he had at top speed. Only Orr can match that. (Maybe Taylor, but, lack of video footage there.)

XploD

Jun 2, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Bure might have had the quickest acceleration we've ever seen. Not sure how you would measure "fast". In game and with the puck, nobody could match Bure.

Most electrifying player? Bure again, no doubt about it.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Denis Savard was quick to be sure. But electrifying? He was one of the most electrifying players I ever saw.

Also Paul Coffey.

Wetcoaster

According to many observers the fastest NHL skater may well have been Gene Carr (son of Leafs great Red Carr). A number of pundits have chosen him over such flyers as Cournoyer and Orr. I saw Gene play a number of times over the years and I would have to agree.

Gene was drafted 4th overall by the Blues in 1971. He was injured badly in a car accident after his second year after a trade to the Rangers and was never the same again sustaining severe head and back injuries when the cab he was in was hit in NYC.

Another incredibly fast skater was Willie O'Ree - the first black NHL'er. I saw him play in the old Western Hockey League (after his NHL career) with the Los Angeles Blades and San Diego Gulls. He could just flat out fly.

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
Gene Carr was the fastest skater,with Murray Wilson was just a shade slower.

But neither could be called electrifying.

These players had that quality to lift the crowd, and the game, and are in order of greatness that past 40 yrs:

Orr
Lafleur

Bure
Lemieux
Coffey
Gretzky
Jagr
Messier
Roy

Today, we have three budding superstars who can do what those legends did:

Crosby
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk

Before 1966, no one would doubt that Maurice Richard was the man.Then came Beliveau, then Bobby Hull, then Robert Orr.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
The truth is that the fastest players have not been the top stars.

Sami Kapanen won fastest skater at an all-star game.
Jon Sim was superfast but a marginal NHLer.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
Bure was fast, but not the fastest, what was amazing was how much control he had at top speed. Only Orr can match that. (Maybe Taylor, but, lack of video footage there.)

Then who was the fastest? Cause I really thought Bure was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->