Rumor: Farhan Lalji: "Internal Belief" Canucks can do something with Sutter and/or Eriksson

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Any way in hell Devils could pry Boeser away ?
Boeser and Loui
For
2020 1st round pick 18th overall
One of - Bratt / Boqvist / Wood / McCleod
Plus ??

Free up tons of cap room and takes stress off of having to attach any more assets to free up cap space when Petey and Hughes need their raises.
Get a serviceable top 9 with top 6 potential winger in entry level contract
18th pick in deep first round draft

I’m guessing no way in hell Canucks fans move Boeser .
Is value even remotely close?
In a flat cap world , I’d say it’s at least possible as there is no way in hell the Canaucks can jeopardize not being able to sign both Petey and Hughes

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
As mentioned numerous times - Sutter shouldn't be too tough to move, but also doesn't matter too much. Ditto any of the one year contracts (Benn and Baertschi).

For Eriksson, the one move that sticks out as 'natural' is Eriksson for Ryan with retention. Canucks get a better player and save cap, while Ottawa saves millions of dollars in salary. The appropriate amount of retention can be argued, but there's definitely a deal there to be arranged.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Discussion on the radio proposed an internal budget potentially lower than the actual cap. I wonder if the Canucks management are still wondering to what extent they will have to move out salary. They have to start looking around because if the Canucks have an internal budget, then very few other teams won't be faced with budget issues themselves. In that case, where exactly are they shipping this salary?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It’s not changing the discussion at all. You made an offer and you’ve been told by multiple Canucks’ fans that’s not what we’d like to see happen. There are other avenues that could be explored other than what you’ve presented.

It is because it's pretending the two prominent Canucks fans in this thread that I've talked to think that what they want and the discussions they've had with others actually means something towards what will happen. I've never said that there weren't other avenues so I don't know why you felt the need to make that point. There have been Canucks fans who have shown interest in such a deal as well but you've not mentioned that part. It goes both ways which is why it's pointless to even bring that up. Stick to the critiquing of the deal and not that useless stuff. The critiques you have brought have been valid and I've tried to continue to discuss those things. It may not ever end up to your liking which is fair enough but moving the conversation off of that and to what you guys want out of a deal when no such deal may even be available seems pointless.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
It is because it's pretending the two prominent Canucks fans in this thread that I've talked to think that what they want and the discussions they've had with others actually means something towards what will happen. I've never said that there weren't other avenues so I don't know why you felt the need to make that point. There have been Canucks fans who have shown interest in such a deal as well but you've not mentioned that part. It goes both ways which is why it's pointless to even bring that up. Stick to the critiquing of the deal and not that useless stuff. The critiques you have brought have been valid and I've tried to continue to discuss those things. It may not ever end up to your liking which is fair enough but moving the conversation off of that and to what you guys want out of a deal when no such deal may even be available seems pointless.

Well in the sense this entire forum is pointless because I’m not Jim Benning and you’re not Doug Wilson.

What I said was most Canucks fans have no desire in the trade you offered which is true and for whatever reason you can’t accept that and move on.

Reactions: Cogburn

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well in the sense this entire forum is pointless because I’m not Jim Benning and you’re not Doug Wilson.

What I said was most Canucks fans have no desire in the trade you offered which is true and for whatever reason you can’t accept that and move on.

It's not a matter of accepting. It's meaningless. I care about the substance of the discussion and going into popularity commentary doesn't actually mean anything.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Any way in hell Devils could pry Boeser away ?
Boeser and Loui
For
2020 1st round pick 18th overall
One of - Bratt / Boqvist / Wood / McCleod
Plus ??

Free up tons of cap room and takes stress off of having to attach any more assets to free up cap space when Petey and Hughes need their raises.
Get a serviceable top 9 with top 6 potential winger in entry level contract
18th pick in deep first round draft

I’m guessing no way in hell Canucks fans move Boeser .
Is value even remotely close?
In a flat cap world , I’d say it’s at least possible as there is no way in hell the Canaucks can jeopardize not being able to sign both Petey and Hughes
If Boeser goes the conversation would have to start with Ty Smith. I assume J.Hughes is off the table

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad