Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
From: The Milwaukee (WI) Journal Sentinel > Story > Sports
Twitter reacts to the implosion of the roof on the Bradley Center in Milwaukee
JR Radcliffe, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Published 10:56 a.m. CT
Jan. 14, 201

Many Milwaukee sports fans -- or simply curious onlookers who enjoy a bit of chaos -- were following along Sunday as the roof atop the BMO Harris Bradley Center (are we being overly nostalgic if we just drop the "BMO Harris" part?) was imploded. ...

Read & See more at: Twitter reacts to the implosion of the roof on the Bradley Center in Milwaukee

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
So many memories in that building. Wave Championships, Admirals Championship, Badgers winning the NCAA title.

The Wave! You obviously remember Michael King then! I did soccer camps with him when he was still with The Cleveland Force in the late eighties. Good times, some funny stories.... Think he always wore #13....:thumbu:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was there opening night...Pre-season game between the Blackhawks, and the Oilers.

Was a great place for a hockey game, but not so for concerts.

I was there too. I still have the little cardboard memento that they passed out October 1, 1988. We missed Gretzky due to the trade with LA.

You are correct, the sound was muddy. Too many flat, hard surfaces to reflect the sound.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
And an interesting drone's eye view post-collapse ...

Well done!

I am surprised that the Bucks owners didn't try to shoot your drone down. They prevented the newspaper from taking any photos inside the building in the weeks before the roof. For people not from Milwaukee, the newspaper building is diagonally across the intersection from the BC!

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
My first ever time seeing a WWE Monday Night Raw taping in-person was there. CM Punk vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler in a steel cage match was the main event.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Wave! You obviously remember Michael King then! I did soccer camps with him when he was still with The Cleveland Force in the late eighties. Good times, some funny stories.... Think he always wore #13....:thumbu:

Kinger was a good guy! I saw him do an indoor camp or two at Uihlien Soccer Park. He was there with kids and maybe Jimmy Banks of the Wave. They were usually leaving when I was coming in with my adult team to play a game on one of the three indoor fields.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I took a few photos from the north end of the UWM Panther Area of the Bradley Center.

thumbnail

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You can see the first one in post 12, but not the second photo in post 13?

It is 1080 x 540 pixels. If you are using your phone, maybe it won't work because it is too large.

I don't usually post photos. Sorry!
not a problem, the J-S pics are still there:thumbu:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
You walk by the Bradley Center and look inside and see a pile of rubble in the atrium about 25 feet high. :(
And I'll bet Wes Edens & Marc Lasry walk by and look inside and see a pile of dollar signs in the atrium about 100 feet high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad