Far Cry 5 confirmed. New location is...

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
Glad you guys are liking the game so far.
It's been a good week for the team reading all the feedback good and bad.
Overall it seems like the sentiment shared here is the one by most people, they are enjoying themselves.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Had a lot of fun with it right up until the end. Not sure if its the ending I chose or what but there is no endgame. I cannot "continue", when I select "continue" from the main menu I get kicked right into the credits. Which totally blows. My only option it seems is to start a new game.

I chose to fight instead of run away. Don't even get to kill the bad guy Joseph. He wins, blows up the world kills Dutch and you are tied up in Dutches bunker and he calls you his child. Game over. Credits roll and you can't continue in the world anymore. Just youtubed the other ending and if you run away you take the three people not covered in Bliss and drive off. Sheriff says he's going to call in the national guard and plays the radio, says "only you" and its the song that makes you go crazy then the screen fades out. So basically, you cannot win with any ending because the "secret" ending is to just not arrest Joseph in the beginning and then you walk away and credits roll.

FC3 is stilly my favorite by a long shot as far as story. FC5 had a great map, was beautiful and I really liked the gameplay.

EDIT: Must have been a glitch or something. The game is letting me "continue" and explore / do more quests now even though I beat it. So that's good.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Glad you guys are liking the game so far.
It's been a good week for the team reading all the feedback good and bad.
Overall it seems like the sentiment shared here is the one by most people, they are enjoying themselves.

It's been fantastic and fun. Can never get enough of shooting people with arrows.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
What the hell is going on in the gaming industry? Why can't we just enjoy a game?

Trump for the most part, though there's definitely a cabal of gaming journalists who view games exclusively from the social justice lens. Thus, everything must be a political statement, for even not being political is being political in their eyes.

Last edited:

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I don't know why but i am addicted to watching playthroughs of this game. Maybe its because its the way the interactions develop and it can be very funny because of the AI.

I really enjoyed watching JoshOG's 100% playthrough and Jackfrags. The shovel javelin is hilarious.

Seems like some didn't like the story, but i liked it as a viewer.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
What the hell is going on in the gaming industry? Why can't we just enjoy a game?

Ehhhhh, I'm of two minds about that. First of all, I agree that the sjw trigger warning crowd is annoying.

But this anti-sjw movement is basically just as annoying and are becoming way more common. Just take a quick browse through that guys channel. That's all his videos are. The format (showing clips and then interjecting with "witty" comments) is just terrible.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ehhhhh, I'm of two minds about that. First of all, I agree that the sjw trigger warning crowd is annoying.

But this anti-sjw movement is basically just as annoying and are becoming way more common. Just take a quick browse through that guys channel. That's all his videos are. The format (showing clips and then interjecting with "witty" comments) is just terrible.
I am not calling that dude right either, he's pretty much basing his whole video off a very small portion of the gaming community. Didn't even click any of his other videos either because they seem just as meh. The problem though is that in the end all they are, are just "witty" comments by him. The actual black guy who was angry and made himself black just to piss off the game developers actually believes he's doing "justice" somehow. if Farcry was actually a racist game, instead of trying to be authentic (which they chose in the end), they would have removed or never added the skin colour feature for your characters.

This is pretty substantial though if you like it or not, because game companies now might be scared that writers who have some deal of influence and power might give your product negative reviews because they're offended. Those then reviews will impact some gamers, not all, but definitely a portion which could end up in your company losing sales and revenue. So instead of writing something crazy which adds to your game's character, they will decide to go full "PC" and cut out segments to keep it within the realms of what SJW's deem appropriate. Is this not the definition of what a fear tactic is?

Reactions: Lancer

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

The video does make a lot of good points though. I am a Midwestern American and there are lots of great, fantastic people here. Some people are jerks but I may be crazy to think there are some people in "liberal" areas of the country are jerks too. AKA, were all the same really just with different values. The devs of Farcry 5 spent a couple months in Montanta and went on hunting and fishing trips and really engaged the people. Lord forbid they portrayed them as they saw them in real life and not as some gun-toting racists that hate everyone except their own kind which is actually a VERY small amount. Just like I am sure its a very small amount of liberal people who are extremely hateful towards people who don't think like them.

Farcry 5, I personally feel, tried to present a more realistic view of the people int he Midwest. Yeah, they have a lot of different values and morals - but they are still people and generally very nice people. I was also expecting the game to be a Midwestern America bash-fest where we are always seen as stereotypical po-dunk yee-haw types who can't count to potato. The fact that Midwesterners are portrayed as good people with strong / different values shouldn't upset anyone. It should make people think. Instead we get people just brushing that idea off because the media tells people in California and NY that were all just gun-toting yahoo's who will shoot at anyone from out of town or who is different. When in fact, I reckon 90% of those people would welcome you with open arms and invite you over for dinner.

Ive never even shot, held or owned a gun in my life. I even live in the sticks. I am looking out my window right now at huge 100+ acre field that will be full of corn come summertime. I get along just fine in the Midwest and have lots of great friends and family.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The video does make a lot of good points though. I am a Midwestern American and there are lots of great, fantastic people here. Some people are jerks but I may be crazy to think there are some people in "liberal" areas of the country are jerks too. AKA, were all the same really just with different values. The devs of Farcry 5 spent a couple months in Montanta and went on hunting and fishing trips and really engaged the people. Lord forbid they portrayed them as they saw them in real life and not as some gun-toting racists that hate everyone except their own kind which is actually a VERY small amount. Just like I am sure its a very small amount of liberal people who are extremely hateful towards people who don't think like them.

Farcry 5, I personally feel, tried to present a more realistic view of the people int he Midwest. Yeah, they have a lot of different values and morals - but they are still people and generally very nice people. I was also expecting the game to be a Midwestern America bash-fest where we are always seen as stereotypical po-dunk yee-haw types who can't count to potato. The fact that Midwesterners are portrayed as good people with strong / different values shouldn't upset anyone. It should make people think. Instead we get people just brushing that idea off because the media tells people in California and NY that were all just gun-toting yahoo's who will shoot at anyone from out of town or who is different. When in fact, I reckon 90% of those people would welcome you with open arms and invite you over for dinner.

Ive never even shot, held or owned a gun in my life. I even live in the sticks. I am looking out my window right now at huge 100+ acre field that will be full of corn come summertime. I get along just fine in the Midwest and have lots of great friends and family.

You guys are way over analyzing this. It’s a video game. Play it. Have fun with it.

The guy in the video should be the one doing the reviews for gamespot. The sissies at game spot need to do something else than review video games.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You guys are way over analyzing this. It’s a video game. Play it. Have fun with it.

The guy in the video should be the one doing the reviews for gamespot. The sissies at game spot need to do something else than review video games.
Isnt that kind of the point here? We ARE just playing it and having fun with it. Doesn't mean we cant talk about how wrong Gamespot is about their critique here. Like they expected to be blowing away red blooded americans just because they were white Midwesterners. Instead they focus on getting offended that someone said "Obama loving libtards" in a game where you are blowing people up with C4 and lighting forests on fire with maltov cocktails. Because if it was someone making fun of Trump you know they would be totally cool with it and not be offended or let it skew their view of the game at all.

Judging by the second part of your post I think we agree, but discussing the video I don't think is too far out of the question.

I have no problem with Midwestern white folk wanting to defend themselves from people upset that Midwestern white folk aren't tortured more in a video game simply because they are Midwestern white folk.

The Forbes review of the game took marks off because the cult you were fighting is men and women both black and white fighting together. They said race should have been a bigger issue in the game... They were actually upset that there weren't misogynistic and racism to get angry about. In other words, they need people to be like that to have a cause to be angry about. It's silly.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
the game looks great, i think i'll be getting this soon on ps4. Watched a bunch of streams on twitch over the past few days and it just looks smooth.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The soundtrack is great.

Ubisoft probably has the most consistent OSTs in the big developers. They all have a certain feel to them and it sort of makes it feel like a band in a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad