FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
So according to the state, we must be in Orange tier to have capacity at 20% and Yellow for 25% for sports venues. Looks like we won’t be hitting Yellow anytime soon and Disneyland might not open until next year according to their stupid guidelines.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Disneyland is the last place I want to be right now. I didn't know a single person with COV for the first 4 months but the last week 4 people I know both friends and family have gotten in and are very sick. One guy I play with and is in super good shape runs everyday and has it so bad right now.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
If you look at Orlando, their theme parks are opened at limited capacity. Disneyland and Knotts should be open and follow the same restrictive guidelines of Orlando, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Paris. I feel safer at Downtown Disney now then when I go to Target or Trader Joe’s. By keeping Disneyland closed, you are putting a lot of businesses out of business and that leads to more people getting laid off. Will those employees still be alive, sure, but they might not have a home or food with no income.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if disneyland would limit attendance to CA residents only or something like that, they could make it work while operating at 25% capacity

reopening the park and allowing people to come in from all over the country and the world would just be crazy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was in Disney World last month. I felt very safe, they had Social distance, limited capacity, Temperature checks at entrance, and had to wear a mask when walking around, and plastic barriers on the lines separating people.

California needs to let them open, with precautions of course, If Orlando can do it, Anaheim should be able to.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Disneyland is the last place I want to be right now. I didn't know a single person with COV for the first 4 months but the last week 4 people I know both friends and family have gotten in and are very sick. One guy I play with and is in super good shape runs everyday and has it so bad right now.

Such a strange virus. I personally know 14 people who have got it (including my old, sickly uncle). All of them and I really mean all of them were recovered within 4 days of showing at worst mild symptoms.

This thing is so weird with all the different reactions people have. As for me, I would definitely go to Disneyland and would feel safe there following their protocols.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Such a strange virus. I personally know 14 people who have got it (including my old, sickly uncle). All of them and I really mean all of them were recovered within 4 days of showing at worst mild symptoms.

This thing is so weird with all the different reactions people have. As for me, I would definitely go to Disneyland and would feel safe there following their protocols.

I usually go twice a year, Nov and March, and will catch a bunch of Ducks game. I have time share where I stay on Disney property and as you know Honda Center is like 5 miles away from Disneyland, so convenient.

Since the hockey season is being pushed back will be going back to Disney World end of Nov instead. The only thing I don’t like is you cannot park hop now, and have to make a reservation in advance. There is no Fast Pass now, but normal wait times are a lot less. Wish they had a Max Pass system like Anaheim, it’s so much better.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Tickets went out sale to STHs today. I grabbed some for a few of the games. Looks like there were still plenty available, although the cheap seats for the Kings games were getting a bit thin.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
No food and beverage in the arena for the five games seems pretty extreme.

giphy.gif

What?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
No food and beverage in the arena for the five games seems pretty extreme.
If they wanted to do concession service, that would have required everyone to either have proof of vaccination or a negative test. That was never going to happen. Would have been too many hoops for people to jump through to attend a game, considering a large percentage of STH haven't yet become eligible for the vaccine in OC.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
If they wanted to do concession service, that would have required everyone to either have proof of vaccination or a negative test. That was never going to happen. Would have been too many hoops for people to jump through to attend a game, considering a large percentage of STH haven't yet become eligible for the vaccine in OC.

Phoenix just had you fill out a questionnaire on an app prior to the game and it was checked when you scanned your tickets (obviously anyone could lie but it was better than nothing and prevented the arena from having liability, I guess). Seats were spaced out, you could eat and drink at your seat but your mask would have to go back on immediately after your sip or bite. They had extra ushers watching to make sure people were following that rule.

I was hoping Honda Center would have similar policies. I realize we are in a pandemic still and they are making efforts to follow ever changing guidelines to protect people and keep the virus from spreading so I'm trying not to be completely tone deaf in my outrage. BUT I just want to watch some live Ducks hockey in the home arena, boo some refs, drink a beer and maybe even get a pretzel.

Reactions: McDonald19

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Phoenix just had you fill out a questionnaire on an app prior to the game and it was checked when you scanned your tickets (obviously anyone could lie but it was better than nothing and prevented the arena from having liability, I guess). Seats were spaced out, you could eat and drink at your seat but your mask would have to go back on immediately after your sip or bite. They had extra ushers watching to make sure people were following that rule.

I was hoping Honda Center would have similar policies. I realize we are in a pandemic still and they are making efforts to follow ever changing guidelines to protect people and keep the virus from spreading so I'm trying not to be completely tone deaf in my outrage. BUT I just want to watch some live Ducks hockey in the home arena, boo some refs, drink a beer and maybe even get a pretzel.
It’s state mandated, so Honda Center didn’t have a choice in the matter. It was either 10% capacity with no food service, or some higher percentage (35%?) but with either negative test or proof of vaccination. Hopefully in a few months, everyone that wants to be vaccinated will be, so it won’t be an issue anymore.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
I come in peace from the Rangers forum. I know outside of ours, it's slim pickings for ticket sales on the boards. I just wanted to know if this forum has a thread (that I cannot find) or allows posts offering tickets? Relocated last May and looking to go to the Knights game Sunday. Thanks all. Sorry if not allowed here.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I come in peace from the Rangers forum. I know outside of ours, it's slim pickings for ticket sales on the boards. I just wanted to know if this forum has a thread (that I cannot find) or allows posts offering tickets? Relocated last May and looking to go to the Knights game Sunday. Thanks all. Sorry if not allowed here.
This is an ok place to post for that, but tickets are going to be sparse right now...

Reactions: eKardz

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If you don't mind paying a premium, just check out 714tickets.com. They'll likely have seats available.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

The proof of vaccination or negative COVID test requirement is happening at Staples Center. Why not at the Honda Center? Staples Center is also allowing fans to purchase food/drinks at their concession stands online then the person gets a text when their order is ready to be picked up. The food/drinks have to be eaten in a designated area around the concourses or outside. Staples Center also upgraded their HVAC system that filters out like 99% of airborne toxins including particles smaller than COVID-19. I wonder if Honda Center did that. I looked at the Honda Center website and it didn't say anything about the arena's HVAC system.

Here's a guide to new COVID-19 fan restrictions at Staples Center

Reactions: McDonald19

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The proof of vaccination or negative COVID test requirement is happening at Staples Center. Why not at the Honda Center? Staples Center is also allowing fans to purchase food/drinks at their concession stands online then the person gets a text when their order is ready to be picked up. The food/drinks have to be eaten in a designated area around the concourses or outside. Staples Center also upgraded their HVAC system that filters out like 99% of airborne toxins including particles smaller than COVID-19. I wonder if Honda Center did that. I looked at the Honda Center website and it didn't say anything about the arena's HVAC system.

Here's a guide to new COVID-19 fan restrictions at Staples Center

I'd flash my vaccine card without hesitation if it meant drinks.

giphy.gif

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Don’t know the proper place to post so I’ll just do it here. I finally got my first ever job, and it’s an usher at the Honda center. Really excited as I’ve been applying for years and never landed anything and I’m so grateful to have my first opportunity be in this environment. Has anyone else here ever worked at the Honda Center?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Don’t know the proper place to post so I’ll just do it here. I finally got my first ever job, and it’s an usher at the Honda center. Really excited as I’ve been applying for years and never landed anything and I’m so grateful to have my first opportunity be in this environment. Has anyone else here ever worked at the Honda Center?
I didn't exclusively work in the building, but I worked some game nights and other events there.

Congratulations, by the way.

Reactions: MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad