FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I drink coffee all the time. I'm not much of an expert because I can and do drink almost anything (including Starbucks). But I have no problem stopping at Mickey D for one of theirs. I know people who consider themselves connoisseurs. Nothing wrong with that but I couldn't tell you why anybody prefers one over the other. I used to work with a guy who brought in his $50/LB monkey poop coffee to make his own. He gave me a cup one time. It was fine but you couldn't convince me to spend that kind of money for it.

When you drink coffee as much as I do, the expression "any port in a storm" tends to apply. :laugh: YMMV

LOL, Monkey Poop?

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Going to a game soon! Is there anywhere around that sells pro stock Ducks equipment? If I am going is there anything I need to do at the rink to get the full experience? (A local beer, consession item, etc.)

CHeers thanks and look forward to visitin your rink!

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Going to a game soon! Is there anywhere around that sells pro stock Ducks equipment? If I am going is there anything I need to do at the rink to get the full experience? (A local beer, consession item, etc.)

CHeers thanks and look forward to visitin your rink!
The team store carries brand new sticks once in a while. If you are coming in April, more than likely they will have brand new sticks on sale. I bought a new Cogliano stick last year for $25.00. Don't buy any concession food because it sucks and is a total rip off. If you want a beer before the game, Noble Ale Works. If you want food with your beer, JT Schmidts or Karl Strauss.

Reactions: Surfandhockey

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Anyone have a favorite food at the Honda center? Looks like there’s quite a few options. I’m pretty impressed they even advertise some gluten free options for my wife(I don’t suffer from said allergy).

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Anyone have a favorite food at the Honda center? Looks like there’s quite a few options. I’m pretty impressed they even advertise some gluten free options for my wife(I don’t suffer from said allergy).
Everything is crap. Half the stands sell hot dogs or chicken tenders and fries.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the burgers are pretty good. but for what you're paying you're better off eating outside the arena

golden road
lazy dog
danny k's
old crow smokehouse
chili's
king's fish house
karl strauss

are all near the arena and far better options

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Thanks guys, I was thinking of grabbing something Friday when I saw the Leafs and Ducks game. I’ll probably go just go to the packing district or Jav’s pregame if the options are that disappointing. I may look into Old Crow as well as I’ve never been. We have a few favorites further from the arena due to our Disney excursions.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
My favorite food OUTSIDE the arena is a few blocks away called Tutto Fresco. It may sound weird but it is the best Italian food that happens to have a drive-thru. Beyond that if you have a ticket to the game that night they will give you a free appetizer or dessert. Believe it or not the food is really good at reasonable prices. Don't let the drive-thru frighten you off.

Reactions: pbgoalie and Srsly

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Thanks guys, I was thinking of grabbing something Friday when I saw the Leafs and Ducks game. I’ll probably go just go to the packing district or Jav’s pregame if the options are that disappointing. I may look into Old Crow as well as I’ve never been. We have a few favorites further from the arena due to our Disney excursions.
packing house is always a good choice

iron press and the kroft are my two favorite spots there. jav's bbq is damn good too and right next to unsung brewery. and anaheim brewery is right across the street

Reactions: Srsly

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
My favorite food OUTSIDE the arena is a few blocks away called Tutto Fresco. It may sound weird but it is the best Italian food that happens to have a drive-thru. Beyond that if you have a ticket to the game that night they will give you a free appetizer or dessert. Believe it or not the food is really good at reasonable prices. Don't let the drive-thru frighten you off.
Agree with this. It's the quality of fancy Italian restaurant food, but from a place where you order at the counter. It's very strange.

And to add to what people have said, the packing district is a good spot to go. Lots of choices for everyone.

As for food inside the arena, most of it sucks. The burger at the downstairs dining area place is really good, but it's super overpriced. Yes, all arena food is overpriced, but this is a special type of gouging.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
If you're heading over to the packing house there is a place called Tony's. IMO the best deli sandwich in the county. I know, a bold statement, try it and tell me what you think.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your stamp of approval? Next time I'm near there I'll check them out. Thanks!

I used to manage a coffee roasting/cafe place so just got hooked on the different coffees. Just am tired of the DD and Starbucks . So it’s nice to get something better for a change. Would still be doing it if my other business didn’t take off.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I used to manage a coffee roasting/cafe place so just got hooked on the different coffees. Just am tired of the DD and Starbucks . So it’s nice to get something better for a change. Would still be doing it if my other business didn’t take off.
I just googled them. Turns out I'm about 5 minutes away from one I never knew existed. I'll see if I can get there this week.

Reactions: Leonardo87

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Inside the Ducks owners' massive development plan for Honda...

ocVBE_Overview-1024x576.jpg

The article says the first phase should open in 2024, and should be ready for the 2028 Olympics, where Honda Center will host the indoor volleyball tournaments.

Reactions: mightyquack

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not sure if this really belongs here but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it. The founder of J.T. Schmids which is talked about in this thread passed away suddenly last month due to a heart attack. The Tustin location closed as a result but I think the Anaheim one is still open for now. Pretty sad for me because I know and went to school with his daughter and I imagine she's devastated.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure if this really belongs here but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it. The founder of J.T. Schmids which is talked about in this thread passed away suddenly last month due to a heart attack. The Tustin location closed as a result but I think the Anaheim one is still open for now. Pretty sad for me because I know and went to school with his daughter and I imagine she's devastated.
that was a while ago wasn't it? the honda center food and beverage team now overseas the restaurant from what i heard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->