Fantasy study case: Goalie Strategy

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
I genuinely think that my situation could open an interesting, more general discussion about different goalies strategy in fantasy next season.

Fantasy study case: Goalie Strategy

8 teams, points only fantasy keeper.
Goalies: 2pts for a win, 3 more for a SO, 1 pt for OTL, plus regular points count.
Each team has three or four keepers and must dress two every week.​

I find myself in a great position with my goalies for the upcoming season, having Vasilevskiy, Lehner*, Price and Saros. (*who more than ever seems bound to be Vegas starter for years to come.) I’d say that they all can be considered top 16 fantasy goalkeepers. That is why I think I overkill the position, and beeing in this kind of situation, I would normally try to use that strength to solidify an area of need. Trading in a position of strength usually brings good results. But here are the reasons why I hesitate to do that next season:
  • Shorter, more condensed season: 4 good keepers give options when one is going to share the net more or gets injured
  • My 2 strongest opponents both lack quality keepers (keeping all 4 would put pressure the goalie market)
  • Having that there are always 16 dressed goalies in the League
What do you think is best, to keep all the goalies preventively / defensively, or to optimize value and stop worrying with potentially helping another contender on the way of trading one?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I would put a high price on 1 of your goaltenders. Trade one of Lehner or Price for a big reward and don't settle for anything less than a young star player. The goalie you offer is worth way more to them than a forward who is on pace for an equivalent amount of points.

Reactions: NitroF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad