Fantasy Premier League season 2023-2024

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not sure what constitutes as a 'sleeper pick' but Jota and King are both in really good offensive situations and have shown enough to score a lot of points (plus King is Bournemouth's PK taker). I know Wilson is the 'sexy pick' for Bournemouth but I'm more inclined to save a bit of money and go with King who has also looked great in preseason. Right now my team looks like this:

Ederson (Pope)
van Dijk - Robertson - Digne - Zinchenko (Gibson)
Perez - Salah - Richarlison - Sterling (Dendoncker)
King - Ings (Wickham)
There's also a very good chance I'll pick up Harry Wilson when we see his role/gametime at Bournemouth.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm not sure what constitutes as a 'sleeper pick' but Jota and King are both in really good offensive situations and have shown enough to score a lot of points (plus King is Bournemouth's PK taker). I know Wilson is the 'sexy pick' for Bournemouth but I'm more inclined to save a bit of money and go with King who has also looked great in preseason. Right now my team looks like this:

Ederson (Pope)
van Dijk - Robertson - Digne - Zinchenko (Gibson)
Perez - Salah - Richarlison - Sterling (Dendoncker)
King - Ings (Wickham)
There's also a very good chance I'll pick up Harry Wilson when we see his role/gametime at Bournemouth.

What I mean is someone who is cheap in value but can get you points.

Like AWB was 4 or 4.5 I think last year and was a starting RB. Trying to look for cheap players that I know will play and produce.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pick Trossard, I promise you he will deliver! Also if anyone wants to join a league on a cool website send me a message :);)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was going to do mine tomorrow, but then I forgot that Norwich is playing Pool tomorrow. Don't forget that boys, get it done before the game on Friday!

Edit: Mine finally done, made some risks in there...

Alisson (Foster)
Ake - van Aanholt - Cancelo (Gibson, Reid)
Pepe - Doucoure - B. Silva - McCarthy - Salah
Aubameyang - Vardy (Brewster)​

Last edited:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Would appreciate any feedback you have on this roster - I think I finally settled on one that I like:

upload_2019-8-9_9-4-20-png.248879

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would try to find a way to get Trent over Laporte. I don't like Sigurdsson or Barkley there are much better players at both price points IMO (Mount, Martial, David Silva, Lanzini and Harry Wilson are all good bets to continue to bring in more points than those two at least and should free up money for other players). I'm a fan of King but I think with a change to midfield you can easily afford Pukki who is straight up better, but also guys like Haller and Ings are probably better bets as well.

I also think the way to go is midfielders who seem more consistent than the forwards now. I would turf Kane for someone like Sterling or de Bruyne.

ON TO A MORE PRESSING MATTER

Someone in my draft league offered me Kane for Pukki (knee jerk at its finest). I know it's one of those trades that I SHOULD accept without a question...but I don't know. Spurs haven't looked great and Norwich, along with Pukki in particular, have been playing such fantastic attacking football. Kane is a very good player (though after being one of the few that rated him before he became overrated, I don't rate him as high as a lot of people do now), but is his best behind him already? I also like the idea that I drafted Pukki and he's had such a great start. I guess there's no real risk in the trade for me but would still like to hear thoughts.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I would try to find a way to get Trent over Laporte. I don't like Sigurdsson or Barkley there are much better players at both price points IMO (Mount, Martial, David Silva, Lanzini and Harry Wilson are all good bets to continue to bring in more points than those two at least and should free up money for other players). I'm a fan of King but I think with a change to midfield you can easily afford Pukki who is straight up better, but also guys like Haller and Ings are probably better bets as well.

I also think the way to go is midfielders who seem more consistent than the forwards now. I would turf Kane for someone like Sterling or de Bruyne.

ON TO A MORE PRESSING MATTER

Someone in my draft league offered me Kane for Pukki (knee jerk at its finest). I know it's one of those trades that I SHOULD accept without a question...but I don't know. Spurs haven't looked great and Norwich, along with Pukki in particular, have been playing such fantastic attacking football. Kane is a very good player (though after being one of the few that rated him before he became overrated, I don't rate him as high as a lot of people do now), but is his best behind him already? I also like the idea that I drafted Pukki and he's had such a great start. I guess there's no real risk in the trade for me but would still like to hear thoughts.

I would make the trade imo. Short term Pukki might be the better option, but you know Kane is good for 25 goals a year and is never great in August. I think long term it’s just too easy of a win for you. I think the chances Pukki puts up 20/25 goals this is not super high, where as it’s basically a guarantee with Kane unless he gets hurt.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think with certain players it might serve you well to switch the around depending on who their team is facing. Of course depending on how much room you have in your budget. For example if Norwich are playing mid-to-bottom table projected teams, he's expected to be on the score sheet more than against the higher rated teams.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England

Hmmm the code does not seem to be working at the moment

Think that was for a separate draft league. The guy who started the non-draft league stopped posting or left the league so we don't know the code/owner.

Part of the code might be 296964. Which is the league ID in the URL. Other part of the code is the league owner's team ID. Unless they've changed how the codes work.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
These are the ID's from the teams already in the league, so the owner is one of these:

Try 296964 + one of those.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
These are the ID's from the teams already in the league, so the owner is one of these:

Try 296964 + one of those.

Bold is mine, so he can scratch that.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Looks like a couple of Tottenham fans,

The Sounds of Lloris (great name) and
Levy, Sign a Striker (lol!) have had great gameweeks.

Reactions: Fro

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Looks like a couple of Tottenham fans,

The Sounds of Lloris (great name) and
Levy, Sign a Striker (lol!) have had great gameweeks.

113 points when the world leading score was 165 (with triple captain played) is impressive. I'm definitely getting rid of Bruno and Martial this week, they're sooooo in pre-season form. Of course both will then score Saturday...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad