Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We could do a draft (maybe after Joeys is over) with 23 player teams for the 2020-2021 season. Essentially it would be a hockey pool where there would be a certain amount of points for goals, assists, +/- , pim, etc .

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Salary cap, salary floor, max number of ELC's or treating ELC's at full bonus value.
Small stuff like this is what I was going for. I’d add 23 man rosters and maybe even throw coaches into the mix(have to choose current NHL head coaches).

Reactions: hockeynorth

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Seems like after the first 24 hours all the votes are made. I think 1 vote has been made on Day 2 of this poll...something to keep in mind for maybe making the rest of the rounds last 1 day only.

And unfortunately, it looks like Caps are going out in a squeaker and losing by 1 vote. Hell of a run, and basically a top-10 finish would be huge for this club.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Seems like after the first 24 hours all the votes are made. I think 1 vote has been made on Day 2 of this poll...something to keep in mind for maybe making the rest of the rounds last 1 day only.

And unfortunately, it looks like Caps are going out in a squeaker and losing by 1 vote. Hell of a run, and basically a top-10 finish would be huge for this club.
Awesome job with that team man, I love how far they pushed that

Reactions: m0pe

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

According to PandaScores, a far more objective insight into player performance than the eye test and group think, Washington shouldn't have ev--

tenor.gif

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Vote :avs over :blues!

We have a much more skilled offense, a better defense, and better goaltending.

Butcher is barely a 3rd pairing defensemen anymore. Rinne is 37 and Martin Jones can't stop a beachball to save his life.
St. Louis has a good team, but they are no match for Connor McDavid.

Reactions: Makaveli

BumDum

The German Flash
Mar 16, 2020
Edmonton
Vote :avs over :blues!

We have a much more skilled offense, a better defense, and better goaltending.

Butcher is barely a 3rd pairing defensemen anymore. Rinne is 37 and Martin Jones can't stop a beachball to save his life.
St. Louis has a good team, but they are no match for Connor McDavid.
You have McDavid. But then I have the two next best player: Marchand and Couturier. Maybe then Parakyo ahead of Taravainen. Dubnyk is 34. Rinne has had a much better save precentage past couple years.

VOTE :bluesAHEAD OF :avs!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Edmonton had the most votes in the first round. We have two of the top players at their position and guys you would want to go into a playoff series with in Crosby and Price. The two best players in the series in Crosby and Jones. Defense is a wash when you consider how overrated both Trouba and Brodie are.

Edmonton > Vegas

Reactions: Nucker101

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Makes me wonder what could've been for Carolina :(
If it makes you feel better I did have Carolina as the best team in the conference. I think the thing that hurt you most is people not looking t the fancy stats (and applying context to them) for your team, but also that so many of your guys showed up this year as opposed to being really proven, I love it looking only at this year.

Reactions: BeLeafing

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If you look at who's voting where, both this round and last, I find it interesting because there's groups of posters voting pretty much together so you can really see who values what more. Me and @Makaveli are together on all of these lol

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'm sorry man, quite frankly I had Colorado at 3rd in the division. I don't love your goalies or winger group. If you can convince me why to change though with good reasons related to the matchup I would

By all means.

Before this season, Devan Dubnyk played 4 seasons in a row with 60+ games. That's an insane workload, and he still managed an average of 918% save percentage in that time. One bad year behind a bad Minnesota team won't change that.

Rinne (on St. Louis) played behind an insane Nashville D-corps. He had an awful year this year, but he's 37. He's well past his prime and is probably close to retirement. Dubnyk's almost 4 years younger. Plus Talbot carried the Oilers to the playoffs in 2016-17, and he's actually had a really good year in Calgary, outshining Rittich. Martin Jones is plain awful.

So Dubnyk + Talbot >> Rinne + Jones, and I think the majority of people will agree to that.

As for wingers, Skinner + Teravainen surrounding McDavid is an insane first line, probably best in the league. Teuvo's a consistent 70+ point scorer, good defensively, all around monster. Skinner scored 40 goals one year ago. Drouin and Dzingel is a great second set of wingers, and Kahun + Heinen is extremely skilled as well.

Plus, centers win championships, and I have that in spades. (Many people forget, but Duchene's actually a great playoff performer. His career playoff ppg is better than his regular season ppg).

And Butcher + Vatanen would struggle badly. Orlov was the top shutdown D on a cup winning Washington team, he would bail out Leddy constantly.

BumDum

The German Flash
Mar 16, 2020
Edmonton
I'm sorry man, quite frankly I had Colorado at 3rd in the division. I don't love your goalies or winger group. If you can convince me why to change though with good reasons related to the matchup I would
No, keep your vote. You're a smart guy, you don't need Llamamoto's propoganda (no offense Llama) to sway you.

My team is deep everywhere and has virtually no holes. If some players are underperforming, we have guys that will step up and fill in for them. Our top-6 of

Brad Marchand - Sean Couturier - Kyle Palmieri
Adrian Kempe - Nico Hischier - Timo Meier

Is incredibly strong at BOTH ENDS of the ice, so even if the offense goes cold for stretches they are all strong two-way players. Whereas the Avs wingers are, with the exception of Teravainen, quite soft and one-dimensional.

(In terms of two-way play)
Marchand >> Teravainen
Palmieri >> Skinner
Meier >> Drouin

Not to mention we have great 2-way Cs in Couturier and Hischier, and while McDavid and Duchene are great players, they are average defensively.

In terms of defense, the Avs are VERY small. His best 3 D are 5'9, 5'10, and 5'11. We have playoff monsters in Parayko and McDonagh that log huge minutes and don't shy away from contact.

And Llama's point about Rinne playing behind a good defense makes no sense, as Dubnyk played behind one of the best defensive teams in the league the past few years behind Ryan Suter, who was probably the best defensive defenseman in the league.

My team is built for playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->