Fantasy Mock p3

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Also the top 2 of Strome, Danault, Eller, Blueger(who is this guy?) being apparently better than Draisatl, Schenn, Roslivic and Backes. This is why I put no stock in fancy stats. If Stromes possession, etc, was so good, he would have significantly more points than he does, esp when playing with Panarin most of the season. These stats simply don't take into account an actual ability to produce.
Never said the formula was a perfect representation of hockey.

...but Danault, Eller and Blueger will have have Danault shut down Schenn (and then some), Eller crush Roslovic, and Blueger crush Backes. There's a reason Schenn isn't a full-time centre, and Roslovic just isn't there yet.

Draisaitl will, obviously, crush Strome. Unfortunately, Panarin offsets that.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Never said the formula was a perfect representation of hockey.

...but Danault, Eller and Blueger will have have Danault shut down Schenn (and then some), Eller crush Roslovic, and Blueger crush Backes. There's a reason Schenn isn't a full-time centre, and Roslovic just isn't there yet.

Draisaitl will, obviously, crush Strome. Unfortunately, Panarin offsets that.
I don't think Danault shuts down Schenn super effectively, Eller over Ros any day(naturally) and Backes is not there to put up points. Guy is quite good at the defensive side and can be quite physical. He isn't a 6m dollar man, but he is still an extremely effective player in a bottom 6 role.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Panda is one of my favorite posters on here now, LOL. He reminds me of Kurt Angle from the WWE back in 1999-2001. Oh it’s true.....it’s damn true! :lol:

Reactions: Makaveli

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:flyers

Max Pacioretty - Ryan O'Reilly - T.J Oshie
Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Rickard Rakell
Andrew Mangiapane - Jordan Staal - Josh Leivo
William Carrier - Jordan Weal - Troy Terry

Alex Edler - Alex Pietrangelo
Devon Toews - Dylan DeMelo
Dmitry Kulikov - Radko Gudas

Elvis Merzlikins
Craig Anderson

I won’t try and sell my team. I‘m open to breakdowns of any kind. I’d love to hear any opinions!​
Sure, I'll give it a go!

Max Pacioretty - Ryan O'Reilly - T.J Oshie
Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Rickard Rakell
Andrew Mangiapane - Jordan Staal - Josh Leivo
William Carrier - Jordan Weal - Troy Terry

Probably one of the premier offensive units in the game. Three pivots who've been in the Selke conversation, two with Cup rings to date. The top line is a healthy mix of two-way ability and high-end offense. They'd be a nightmare to play against.

The second line is strong. The pairing of Couture and Rackell would be tough to handle, though the obvious weak link of a 40 year old Patrick Marleau exists, I'm not convinced he process to be much of a hindrance.

The pairing of Jordan Staal and Andrew Mangiapane on the third line makes them an interesting shutdown option. The latter with plenty of speed to burn suggests this line would give opposing defensive units some grief. Leivo doesn't add much for me here either way.

And if there's a weak line, it's the fourth who would probably see about 8 minutes a night considering the depth ahead of them. Carrier puts people through walls, so he might make a name for himself in a playoff series. Jordan Weal is an average depth C. And Troy Terry looks like a promising secondary scorer in the future, but overall I think this is a fourth line you'd probably have to monitor.

Alex Edler - Alex Pietrangelo
Devon Toews - Dylan DeMelo
Dmitry Kulikov - Radko Gudas

A defensive unit with an absolutely stellar top pairing led by one of the NHL's premier defensemen. Edler is a good puck-moving compliment, who'd probably thrive offensively playing with the best partner he's seen in his entire career.

The second unit is a good mix of puck-moving ability and astute defense. No big names here, just a quiet 20 minute second pair. The third unit of Kulikov and Gudas is a unit built for the playoffs. Plenty of grit, plenty of physicality. Overall a bottom four capable of playing 20+ minutes a night, if needed.

Elvis Merzlikins
Craig Anderson

A good young starter backed up by an over-the-hill but still competitive veteran. They're not pretty, but they should get the job done most nights.

Overall I think this is a team full of veterans who'd be pushing for those one or two last shots at a Cup. Depth in all the right places, a reliable D unit and plenty of scoring options would make this team a Cup contender in real life.

Well done.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
No offence but I don't think you're charts made a difference at all.
Why not? They pissed off everyone who wasn't in the top sixteen consistently, which is going to affect voting due to hurt feelings/annoyance.

BNL, Messrules, Joey Moss, you, m0pe and hockeynorth are all posters off the top of my head who expressed annoyance at one point or another.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Why not? They pissed off everyone who wasn't in the top sixteen consistently, which is going to affect voting due to hurt feelings/annoyance.

I wasn't and I voted without bias.

They may have expressed annoyance, but I doubt they voted based on that.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I did vote Ottawa as a playoff team in the Atlantic.

My logic was if Panarin can mostly carry a team to 9th and Hellebuyck can mostly carry an awful D to a playoff spot - then if they were together, along with enough good pieces, they'd be a playoff team, but that's just me.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

BNL, Messrules, Joey Moss, you, m0pe and hockeynorth are all posters off the top of my head who expressed annoyance at one point or another.

Whats your point....you chose to piss people off....so did I?

our centers still arnt great.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

I was never annoyed. I found it interesting that I was at the bottom and joked about it, but as I said, they had ZERO impact of where I voted you (I believe 5th in the Atlantic)

Reactions: Llamamoto49

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Called it.

I'd be in the playoffs if I kept all my fun making charts to myself.
FWIW I didn't put any value into your analysis. It didn't sway me either way. A team with Artemi Panarin as its sole offensive driver, Ryan Strome as its top C and MacKenzie Weegar on its top pair wouldn't be competitive.

You had a couple very good players and saddled them with players who'd drag them down.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The LWMD NHL 15 Simulation Game Results

GOAT

16-3 NHL Sim
4-0 cup finals

16-0: 4 head to head HFBoards polling sweeps (80%+ votes)

I am curious to see what NHL 20 sim would have to say about the standings of this fantasy draft with all of our players on our selected teams. I don’t have time to edit in the players on the different rosters, etc., but if someone does, it might be interesting to see what it says......and which team would defeat which team in the finals.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I am curious to see what NHL 20 sim would have to say about the standings of this fantasy draft with all of our players on our selected teams. I don’t have time to edit in the players on the different rosters, etc., but if someone does, it might be interesting to see what it says......and which team would defeat which team in the finals.

It looks like this was done with the current NHL teams. Absolutely bogus result with Calgary winning the cup :laugh:

NHL 20 Stanley Cup Playoffs simulation: Flames win first Cup since 1989 as Bruins fall short again

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
giphy.gif

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Panda's rankings were pretty fair. I had TOR - PHI as top two teams and he had them as 2-3.

His team was ranked #1 and I had it in the playoffs but not top 5 (probably 10-13).

Reason for this divergence is obvious. If you draft via the same criteria as your rankings it's literally not possible to be anything but #1.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I would have loved to have the data to crunch in zone entries/exits/denials, and I've already played around with some grit formula.

Might be some combination of hits given, hits taken (because you're okay with getting hit), select penalties (roughing, cross checking, fighting), shots blocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad