Fantasy Mock p3

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hey guys - I’m ready to make my selection but would like a clarification: Winnipeg made their selections, but wasn’t Toronto supposed to select after Winnipeg? (Vancouver ended up picking after Winnipeg and so I just want to make sure that an error wasn’t made before I select).

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hey guys - I’m ready to make my selection but would like a clarification: Winnipeg made their selections, but wasn’t Toronto supposed to select after Winnipeg? (Vancouver ended up picking after Winnipeg and so I just want to make sure that an error wasn’t made before I select).
They got skipped

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I was looking through the roster page, and I didn't realize how strong Florida and Toronto are.

@PaulBissonnette and @RIP Botchford, both of your teams are definitely among the best in the game. Some real solid picks by both of you.
Interesting! I'm going to give my thoughts on both:

Toronto:

Line 1: Fun top line, foot speed may be a problem but they will score, and in bunches as well as be competent in both zones. Really like it though I'd like to see a RW, the upsides just insane.
Line 2: Not a Tanner Pearson fan but Point is just unreal, really love him and Donskoi is a good third wheel.
Line 3: Pretty much your average third line, but Johnsson is a top 6 player when healthy no doubt, just Brassard dragging it lower. Get a better 3C and play Johnsson on the left and OHHHH BOY this is nasty.

D1: Great puck moving, no qualms other than can they shut down
D2: Another great puck moving pair, big defensive questions but shouldn't have to defend much
D3: Manson is the perfect start, if you get a shut down LD play this against top competition and dominate.

G: I would definitely recommend a platoon option with Francouz, I really dislike him as a starter alone but he'd be great with a 1B with him

Florida:
Line 1: Great 1st line with balance, I love it and Perry is actually perfect, defence is a question mark but don't expect them to be playing it much.
Line 2: I reallyyyyy like this, Greenway is a great 3rd wheel, Reinhart isn't a C at the NHL level but he has done it in the past so not a huge problem. Maybe make a trade for a C?
Line 3: 3 solid role players, they're all able to do their jobs well and Faksa is a solid shut down C

D1: Dermott on the top pair is questionable but Doughty should definitely be able to handle it
D2: Reallyyyy like this pair to shut others down, it's nasty and Hammer is proven
D3: Great start to a 3rd pair with offence, could run PP

G: This is a great starter, proven, experienced, has success, shows up when it matters, I love it, well done

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The voting is going to be close there isn’t really many teams I look at as being weak, most are well balanced. The only part of my roster that I dislike is my top line left wing. Thought I’d be able to nab a better one late in the game, but waited to long.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The voting is going to be close there isn’t really many teams I look at as being weak, most are well balanced. The only part of my roster that I dislike is my top line left wing. Thought I’d be able to nab a better one late in the game, but waited to long.
I feel my biggest problems will be if people dislike Vilardi, if people aren't willing to recognize my 2nd pair for the elite defensive group they are, and if they question Gibson this year. To counter all 3 I say, look at Vilardi's history, he produces everywhere and he dominated coming into the NHL and performed as one of the best Centres in the league in his short stint, so playing wing with a great C like Coyle can only help him. Edmundson and Demers are great at shutting down opposition, are experienced playing top 4 and heavyyy shut down minutes, and are ranked very well. John Gibson is a Vezina candidate if he isn't on Anaheim.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I feel my biggest problems will be if people dislike Vilardi, if people aren't willing to recognize my 2nd pair for the elite defensive group they are, and if they question Gibson this year. To counter all 3 I say, look at Vilardi's history, he produces everywhere and he dominated coming into the NHL and performed as one of the best Centres in the league in his short stint, so playing wing with a great C like Coyle can only help him. Edmundson and Demers are great at shutting down opposition, are experienced playing top 4 and heavyyy shut down minutes, and are ranked very well. John Gibson is a Vezina candidate if he isn't on Anaheim.

I don't love Edmundson and Demers as a second pairing, but it's not awful. I love Vilardi though, he's definitely a solid option at 3rd line left wing for me, and Coyle's a big plus.

Gibson's pretty self-explanatory, a top-3 goalie in the league for me.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

I don't think either the Vilardi or Gibson (at all) should be an issue. I may not be as high on your D as some...but hey everyone has their own opinions.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The 3 Cs who were top 10 defensively this year from my first page post that hadn't been taken are now all gone.

Johan Larsson, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Chandler Stephenson.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I don't love Edmundson and Demers as a second pairing, but it's not awful. I love Vilardi though, he's definitely a solid option at 3rd line left wing for me, and Coyle's a big plus.

Gibson's pretty self-explanatory, a top-3 goalie in the league for me.

I don't think either the Vilardi or Gibson (at all) should be an issue. I may not be as high on your D as some...but hey everyone has their own opinions.
It's fair, really I had anticipated more balance on the blue line then I have but now I'm gambling on super depth up front. I'm okay with it, we'll see how my blue line turns out but I knew it'd be a read flag. Glad to hear that about Vilardi and Gibson though, I'd been nervous.

I'm willing to move any of Ferland/Kovalchuk/Crouse/Backlund/Defense for the right offer though guys FYI

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The 3 Cs who were top 10 defensively this year from my first page post that hadn't been taken are now all gone.

Ouuu I had Larsson but thought there were 2 more guys I still have as the other 2. Those Vegas guys grrr

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

I figured Larsson was one. He was really great last year.

I knew there was a good chance I could get him late yet at the same time was worried someone might steal my ideal bottom-6 C if I waited too long too

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Aw man Nick Jensen is a nice pick.

One of the best penalty killers this season in the league.

Reactions: Gibby

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I was looking through the roster page, and I didn't realize how strong Florida and Toronto are.

@PaulBissonnette and @RIP Botchford, both of your teams are definitely among the best in the game. Some real solid picks by both of you.

Exceptional teams by both. One major mistake I made was trying to save money at the start. I overestimated the potential pitfalls of over investing in top end talent which would, in theory, prevent a team from having depth (I’ve always had the philosophy that cost controlled elite talent + depth = championships, and if you take a look at the Stanley Cup winners these past 10 years, they’ve followed that model to a tee).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->