Fantasy Mock p3

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
So far only 15

I’m not sure why there’d be less interest in that one it would be way more fun.

Damn that is too bad to hear...sounds like a lot of fun. But I guess some people just don't want to do back to back fantasy drafts. Can't imagine time is a factor lol so hopefully it fills up

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So far only 15

I’m not sure why there’d be less interest in that one it would be way more fun.

My guess is that people are more interested in building the best team possible........especially after now where we’ve all learned from our errors and can do much better in the next draft. Fantasy drafting is also quite time consuming and so going back to back might not be an option for many (like myself for instance).

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
My guess is that people are more interested in building the best team possible........especially after now where we’ve all learned from our errors and can do much better in the next draft. Fantasy drafting is also quite time consuming and so going back to back might not be an option for many (like myself for instance).
There are restrictions but none of them have to do with positions. I don't think teams would be that much worse off because every category is pretty even.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Goldobin deserved better.
Not really. HE would have one or two games where he was a force offensively, but never cared about defense or the neutral zone. Then he would take a couple games off. He just couldn't understand that you need to play well every game.

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not really. HE would have one or two games where he was a force offensively, but never cared about defense or the neutral zone. Then he would take a couple games off. He just couldn't understand that you need to play well every game.
I looked at him when I chose Baertchi late. One has shown well enough to produce at a top six rate and earn themselves a lucrative NHL contract. The other's headed to Russia.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I looked at him when I chose Baertchi late. One has shown well enough to produce at a top six rate and earn themselves a lucrative NHL contract. The other's headed to Russia.
Because he felt he deserved top 6 minutes and pp1 without earning it. He also seemed to feel that 6pts in 10 games was good, even if he only worked had in 4 or 5 of those games to get them, and not contribute in the other 5 or 6. Kid had all the talent needed to be a top 6(even a 1st line player) he would ever need. But he did not have the work ethic to do it.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If we work off data from this season only, Montreal craters to 21 and Vegas to 27. I don't have faith in Pavelski as a 2C anymore either.

Calgary has only one top six centre and a million right wingers. Their only hope of a second line is something like Forsberg-Hayton-Gallagher leaving an out-of-position Bjorkstrand with Matthews and Brown. I don't like their left defence either, but their right side props it up

As for Colorado, they're running a completely dead Dubnyk as their starter. Dubnyk.

Thank Goodness that I'm not espousing this as a be-all, end-all. There are too many teams here with out of position players, lines with duplicated rather than complementary player types, and weird holes.

Dubnyk is terribad but he has the best 1st line in the league and Talbot might bounce back

I think goaltenders is the least important position to draft anyways. I'd always draft goalies after round 9

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Talbot bouncing back is a big if. Were Llama to have drafted almost any other goalie as their starter, he'd be top five.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
A mock up of Seattle would have been something like:

Gagner-Rask-Rodrigues
Goldobin-Nielsen-B. Ritchie
Jurco-Z.Smith-Appleton
Poehling-Haas/Mittelstadt-Joey Anderson

Coburn-Green
Bogosian-Brannstrom
Koekkoek-LaDue/Pouliot

Howard
Hutton

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
A mock up of Seattle would have been something like:

Gagner-Rask-Rodrigues
Goldobin-Nielsen-B. Ritchie
Jurco-Z.Smith-Appleton
Poehling-Haas/Mittelstadt-Joey Anderson

Coburn-Green
Bogosian-Brannstrom
Koekkoek-LaDue/Pouliot

Howard
Hutton
I think I’d just take my chances with a goon squad and bully teams lol

Howard going undrafted surprised me

Reactions: hockeynorth

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dare I say, they would have scored more goals than Panda’s Senators? :-p. (Kidding).

No because nearly 50% of PandaScore is generally made up of a guy's points on the season - and that crew got no points :laugh:

Although if you put Panarin on this Seattle team....

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Team Sheets

Rankings

Not sure what other errors I can fix at this point. Vilardi was factored into Nashville when he should have been excepted, so there's a big jump. I also weighted the averages to make goalies less important while centres become more important. I did Colorado the kindness of making Talbot, who has better statistics than Dubnyk, the starter.

@Joey Moss Can I change my votes?​

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Team Sheets

Rankings

Not sure what other errors I can fix at this point. Vilardi was factored into Nashville when he should have been excepted, so there's a big jump. I also weighted the averages to make goalies less important while centres become more important. I did Colorado the kindness of making Talbot, who has better statistics than Dubnyk, the starter.

As the "GM" of Anaheim, and as a Red Wings fan...this chart blows!

Also, in a league with no injuries, Antti Raanta bringing Anaheim in at 27th for goalie rankings? Hmmm...

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
As the "GM" of Anaheim, and as a Red Wings fan...this chart blows!

Also, in a league with no injuries, Antti Raanta bringing Anaheim in at 27th for goalie rankings? Hmmm...
I'll double check regarding Raanta. I may not have factored in games missed due to injury, which would count against him otherwise.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Team Sheets

Rankings

As a GM who moved from 11th to 3rd, I approve of these rankings :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->