Fantasy Mock Draft Part 6

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Point shares aim to evaluate how many points a player has contributed to their team.
Calculating Point Shares | Hockey-Reference.com

Dangerous Fenwick accounts for the likelihood of two things in its Fenwick (unblocked shot attempts) calculation: shot type and shot distance. The Dangerous Scoring Chances column is the sum of a team's players relative DFF% to their teammates, which is a measure used to isolate (as best it can) a player's ability to tilt the ice.
Explaining Dangerous Fenwick
What a new quality of competition metric says about the Flyers

For xGoals, I'll leave it at these:
Expected Goals are a better predictor of future scoring than Corsi, Goals
MoneyPuck.com -About and How it Works

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I couldn't justify players with 12 games NHL experience getting fantastic ratings. The sample size is just too small. The more games a goalie plays, the harder it is due to fatigue. The number of games played has to be factored in for a goalie.

I don't think Shestyorkin will be another Andrew Hammond...but he might!!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Where do i go to vote for the new playoff matches?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I think I'm going to have to put more emphasis on real point production going forward despite it not being as good a predictor for future outcomes as DFF or xGoals.

Reactions: Nucker101

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I think I'm going to have to put more emphasis on real point production going forward despite it not being as good a predictor for future outcomes as DFF or xGoals.

This is probably true.

For the record, I like your team more than any team other than my own. Your model was much better this time. Tough break Panda.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It was a brutal match up honestly.
You could probably win facing most others, but going against Mac and co was tough
Scoring was the deciding factor why I went the other route.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
This is probably true.

For the record, I like your team more than any team other than my own. Your model was much better this time. Tough break Panda.
I'll get it right next time with more player data, experience and obnoxiousness.

Edit: if we did the revised third round format being proposed next game this time, I could've grabbed Guentzel and solved my goal problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad