Fantasy Mock Draft Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Teams with two goalies picked already are f***ing shit up even with weighted rounds. It'll be better later.
source.gif

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rankings to the end of round 13
Top 250
Players
Pick Values from McDavid to Seabrook

You will notice that defencemen are, on the whole, underrated.

Teams with two goalies picked already will be artificially high as goalie scores have a significantly higher average than skater scores.

9th! Top 10 baby! Clutched up my end game.
I am the new jeff brackett confirmed

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Top 250
Players

Teams with two goalies picked already will be artificially high as goalie scores have a significantly higher average than skater scores.

How is Darcy Kuemper rated that highly?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Because he's been damn good three seasons in a row. I'm not certain he would have kept up his stellar numbers throughout the season (so he got dinged slightly), but before injury, it was him and Hellebuyck for the Vezina.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Top 250
Players

Really interesting.

Great job Panda!

Although I’m quite happy with my 3rd place rank, I’ll be in tough over my next few picks as I’m up against the cap. Lots of Panda tears will be shed in Wild country over the next few days unfortunately. :-(

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Really interesting.

Great job Panda!

Although I’m quite happy with my 3rd place rank, I’ll be in tough over my next few picks as I’m up against the cap. Lots of Panda tears will be shed in Wild country over the next few days unfortunately. :-(
Plus you have two goalies already.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The Panda Scores continue to fascinate me. I love how it sheds light on a lot of under appreciated players but then I see my guy Sanheim ranked 244th out of 250 players drafted and I just scratch my furry soft head lol.

I assume using numbers from when the players plays against elite competition really makes a huge impact.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don’t think being sheltered means you can’t handle the minutes. That’s a pretty normal thing for coaches to ease minutes for rookies. If you can give a player minutes where he can put up 40 points I don’t see how it’s a bad thing. Same with Necas.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
It takes a lot of work to shelter a player as much as Gaudette. If you can, great. But if you're looking to have him on a third line that isn't a buttersoft minutes line, you're in trouble.

I'd be leery around Necas, but he looks like a heavyweight compared to Gaudette when it comes to tilting the ice against, well, anyone.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Top 250
Players

Literally haven’t made any picks since your last rankings and dropped 10 spots.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Literally haven’t made any picks since your last rankings and dropped 10 spots.
Given that it's gone from round ten to round eleven to round twelve with complete picks, I doubt that very much.

Could it be that you're remembering the non-weighted ranking?

There's a problem right now with teams having two goalies being ranked artificially high as goalies have a significantly higher mean than skaters.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Given that it's gone from round ten to round eleven to round twelve with complete picks, I doubt that very much.

Could it be that you're remembering the non-weighted ranking?

There's a problem right now with teams having two goalies being ranked artificially high as goalies have a significantly higher mean than skaters.
Maybe it’s cause you did round 12 and I had already picked for 13 so Ferland didn’t count or something. But I have not picked another player since the last ones you posted.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Maybe it’s cause you did round 12 and I had already picked for 13 so Ferland didn’t count or something. But I have not picked another player since the last ones you posted.
I'll double check. I'm pretty sure Ferland counts as a good pick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad