Fantasy Mock Draft Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I'm glad that Hronek plays for Detroit because it gets him underrated and I can snag him late, but I am sad because it means he may get underrated in voting too.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Carlo averaged the exact ice time Krug did last year so what does that tell you? Being a "puck moving" defenseman doesn't mean a whole lot when you're in your own end. For the record, McNabb was a reach at that point IMO but it's not a terrible pick and that's a solid defense Blinny is building.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
LHD has gotten very thin in the past 15 or so picks. Funny how often a chain reaction happens in these games when one position is picked suddenly everyone is picking from the same position
The winger run forced it for me, I was set on taking a winger until 70% of every recent pick became a winger lol. I’d rather draft a dman I like instead of a winger I’m meh on at this point of the draft

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I'm glad that Hronek plays for Detroit because it gets him underrated and I can snag him late, but I am sad because it means he may get underrated in voting too.

Almost picked him where I did Severson, but that's my same thought process

Reactions: m0pe

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I like Carlo, not so much McNabb. But if he gets some decent offensive D from here on out it can still be a really solid D group.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Start of the sixth round, I had an r-value of 0.91 between "projected draft slot" and "actual draft slot".

That's dropped to 0.84 already. Thanks guys.

Reactions: m0pe

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Jesus f***ing Christ. I hate everyone right now.

People I was hoping to fall in rough order:
* Jordan Staal
* Travis Sanheim
* Vince Dunn
* Ethan Bear
* Kailer Yamamoto
* Filip Hronek

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Wanted DeBrusk to play with Krejci damn you

That would’ve been great

Carlo averaged the exact ice time Krug did last year so what does that tell you? Being a "puck moving" defenseman doesn't mean a whole lot when you're in your own end. For the record, McNabb was a reach at that point IMO but it's not a terrible pick and that's a solid defense Blinny is building.

It may have been a reach and I was looking into Hronek but ultimately decided I wanted some nasty.

Nah, McNabb is good value.

Thanks Panda!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The winger run forced it for me, I was set on taking a winger until 70% of every recent pick became a winger lol. I’d rather draft a dman I like instead of a winger I’m meh on at this point of the draft

Yeah I’m paying attention to position a little bit. I already have 3 defencemen, but if I’m left with no better options I’ll pick my fourth with one of these next picks. Trying not to get sucked into making a panic pick

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
That you like to not read what I write and make hot takes, I think?

Even though Carlo can skate out the puck with poise at times while both he and McNabb can make simple-to-medium difficulty passes, neither of them specialize in moving the puck, carrying it out or finding ways to beat a heavy forecheck. They're both fine.

My post that they would be caved for being unable to move the puck out wasn't entirely serious, but it does point towards the NHL-wide move towards always having at least one blueliner on at any given time who is good at transitions. Again, those two are just fine.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Just checked to confirm suspicions: Carlo and Krug spent 50% of their EVTOI together last season, so my statement checks out.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Yea even strength. How much PP time does Krug get compared to Carlo?
What are you even trying to argue? Because it's definitely not what I said.

All I said was that McNabb-Carlo, if put on the same pairing, would struggle to get the puck out of their zone compared to a pairing where they would have a better puck moving player (e.g. Giordano).

Reactions: Blinny

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What are you even trying to argue? Because it's definitely not what I said.

All I said was that McNabb-Carlo, if put on the same pairing, would struggle to get the puck out of their zone compared to a pairing where they would have a better puck moving player (e.g. Giordano).
You said they would get caved which is just so far off. My point is correlating points with puck moving ability makes 0 sense and maybe you didn't say that when you quoted the original but that's where the debate started.

I would be just fine with McNabb-Carlo on my team. We can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->