Fantasy Mock Draft Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Or they were unable to break out of their own end the entire season and got caved?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Anyone who has watched either player knows they can move the puck out of the zone. This isn't Roman Polak we are talking about, that's why they are high end shutdown defenseman. You don't see Brayden McNabb coming over the boards for an offensive zone faceoff, that's not his role. He doesn't need to put up points. Stopping an offensive zone cycle, making a simple first pass and getting the puck out of the zone doesn't equal points. If you're evaluating players based on points than yikes.

Reactions: Blinny and Makaveli

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Anyone who has watched either player knows they can move the puck out of the zone. This isn't Roman Polak we are talking about, that's why they are high end shutdown defenseman. You don't see Brayden McNabb coming over the boards for an offensive zone faceoff, that's not his role. He doesn't need to put up points. Stopping an offensive zone cycle, making a simple first pass and getting the puck out of the zone doesn't equal points. If you're evaluating players based on points than yikes.
We’re talking about HFBoards. Very few people actually watch all teams when they aren’t playing their own.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
We’re talking about HFBoards. Very few people actually watch all teams when they aren’t playing their own.
Which is exactly my point. Saying that McNabb-Carlo wouldn't be able to get the puck out of their end is just laughable, that's basically exactly what they do.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

I’m glad I’m not the only one who knows this lol

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
lol Dunn was who I was debating over Sanheim. Broke the tie with usage since Sanheim plays more and is sheltered way less.

Good pick @Kent Nilsson

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Even though Carlo can skate out the puck with poise at times while both he and McNabb can make simple-to-medium difficulty passes, neither of them specialize in moving the puck, carrying it out or finding ways to beat a heavy forecheck. They're both fine.

My post that they would be caved for being unable to move the puck out wasn't entirely serious, but it does point towards the NHL-wide move towards always having at least one blueliner on at any given time who is good at transitions. Again, those two are just fine.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm getting pretty f***ing mad over here watching all of Bear, Sanheim and Dunn ghost past me.

Damn silver spooners.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
LHD has gotten very thin in the past 15 or so picks. Funny how often a chain reaction happens in these games when one position is picked suddenly everyone is picking from the same position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->