Fantasy Mock Draft P. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
ADHD for hyperfocusing? Wouldn't someone with ADHD find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to hyper focus?

ADHD causes you to hyper focus on particular things (especially that you’re interested in) and not be able to focus at all on other things that may be less interesting (classes, work, etc.).

Basically ADHD causes your focus to be one extreme or the other.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
people with ADHD are not necessarily hyperactive, off-the-walls wild either

it is important to note that ADHD manifests differently in women, so many women go their entire lives being undiagnosed because the DSMs remain biased towards its manifestation in boys

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also since it was mentioned earlier... OCPD is what most people think OCD is. OCD is actually more just intrusive thoughts that often cause people to behave in strange, repetitive ways. OCPD is when people need particular patterns in their life or they become irrationally angry.

Back to hockey now, though :laugh:

Reactions: Panda Bear

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
@LatvianTwist @Panda Bear - that's really interesting, damn. Had no idea, but that definitely makes sense. I've always had ADHD tendencies and so the above description really ties into me as well. As far as this fantasy draft goes, it's going beyond ridiculous for me, lol. Given that I'm not very far off from 40, I go to the bathroom at least once or twice at night in the middle of my sleep. Recently, I've been making trips to the bathroom with my cell phone to keep tabs on who's drafting who. Perhaps that's my OCD kicking in as well. :-p

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
im at half cap. and need lots of name value.

not good.

I think too many people are freaking out over their cap. Being between 30-40 million for your first 6 picks is quite normal in my opinion. As the draft progresses into later rounds, the cap hits of players being selected will go down substantially. In the last draft that was completed, most people were finishing at around 73-75 million and they were deliberately taking on bad cap hits/contracts in the end either to increase their depth in the most marginal of ways, or were simply selecting goofs like Lucic and Marc Staal :)shifty: -) for shits and gigs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@LatvianTwist @Panda Bear - that's really interesting, damn. Had no idea, but that definitely makes sense. I've always had ADHD tendencies and so the above description really ties into me as well. As far as this fantasy draft goes, it's going beyond ridiculous for me, lol. Given that I'm not very far off from 40, I go to the bathroom at least once or twice at night in the middle of my sleep. Recently, I've been making trips to the bathroom with my cell phone to keep tabs on who's drafting who. Perhaps that's my OCD kicking in as well. :-p

It can usually be self-treated but if you actually think you have it, it can't hurt to discuss it with a doctor or mental health professional.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I think too many people are freaking out over their cap. Being between 30-40 million for your first 6 picks is quite normal in my opinion. As the draft progresses into later rounds, the cap hits of players being selected will go down substantially. In the last draft that was completed, most people were finishing at around 73-75 million and they were deliberately taking on bad cap hits/contracts in the end either to increase their depth in the most marginal of ways, or were simply selecting goofs like Lucic and Marc Staal :)shifty: -) for shits and gigs.

Yeah.. My 4th line made 11 million last game with another 5.5 in cap space left. I'm spending way more on my earlier picks this time and we'll see how it goes.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Also since it was mentioned earlier... OCPD is what most people think OCD is. OCD is actually more just intrusive thoughts that often cause people to behave in strange, repetitive ways. OCPD is when people need particular patterns in their life or they become irrationally angry.

Back to hockey now, though :laugh:
OCD can even include horrible intrusive thoughts that disgust them, which is why some people with OCD have thoughts on repeat about killing their children or stomping on their dog's head!

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
OCD can even include horrible intrusive thoughts that disgust them, which is why some people with OCD have thoughts on repeat about killing their children or stomping on their dog's head!

Yea I'm all too familiar with this :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I remember doing that, but then I went to get a Master's degree, Covid-19 happened, and my job offer got delayed by two months.

Could always do what I did and get a Ph.D. and plan to literally stay "in school" your entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad