Fantasy Mock Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Sometimes we can tell who has a bad team D in front of them if they are in the top 10 in either RUSH ATTEMPTS AGAINST or REBOUND ATTEMPTS AGAINST - we'll go minimum 20 starts

Rush Attempts Against per 60 mins top 10 in 2019-20: Dell, Lundqvist, Demko, Grubauer, Anderson, Hogberg, Halak, Rask, Koskinen, Talbot

Rebound Attempts Against top 10 per 60 mins top 10 in 2019-20: Lundqvist, Bobrovsky, Raanta, Koskinen, Grubauer, Hellebuyck, Hogberg, Fleury, Anderson, Markstrom

Although those stats have many factors added to them - such as goalies creating rebounds due to bad control. Also, rush attempts could be just attempts from the side too - for example look at Boston's goalies and Grubauer being in there, Boston/Colorado are good at limiting shots to the side.

In the overall numbers, if you don't factor in rates/60, Price/Gibson's numbers do go up in both categories into the top 10.

Shesterkin's numbers are very high in rush attempts/60 and yet his save percentage is stellar.

Im not good with advanced stats whatsoever, but where do Carter Hart and Jaroslav Halak rank with the above?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Im not good with advanced stats whatsoever, but where do Carter Hart and Jaroslav Halak rank with the above?

Hart is really low for rush attempts against but jumps to 11ish for rebound attempts against.

Halak has faced quite a bit of rush attempts against, showing up in the top 10, however Boston could be accounted for with more outside chances than other teams.

Hart is 23rd and Halak is 29th for high-danger save percentage. Overall their numbers are lower-end middle of the pack. Philly + Boston tend to be really good teams at shot suppression this season, so they face less chances overall than other teams.

In fact, when it comes to top 10 in average shot distance faced (so the goalies with the farthest shots away against) - Halak, Hart, Rask, Francouz all show up in the top 10. Could be a bit of an example of good team D in that regard.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
@hockeynorth - nice pick with ZAR. I was betting on the fact that he’d be available next round and so I held off. This drafting game really isn’t very forgiving, lol.
So true. I was hoping that Grimaldi would slide to the latter part of the draft as well. Sneaky good depth forward.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I completely forgot Wayne Simmonds existed. My draft list is pretty extensive and he's a guy you'd normally remember. I blame Buffalo for that weird ass trade.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Top 10 from 2018-19 to 2019-20 in high-danger save percentage (AKA the goalies making the real tough saves)

We'll put a minimum of 40 starts on it. All of this is at 5v5.

1. Pekka Rinne
2. Jordan Binnington
3. Ben Bishop
4. Corey Crawford
5. Jaroslav Halak
6. Thomas Greiss
7. Tuukka Rask
8. Anton Khudobin
9. Philipp Grubauer
10. MacKenzie Blackwood

Bobrovsky was 11. Shesterkin and Merzlikins were high but didn't make the GP requirement.

2019-20 alone, minimum 20 starts:

1. Jake Allen
2. Tuukka Rask
3. MacKenzie Blackwood
4. Jordan Binnington
5. Corey Crawford
6. Philipp Grubauer
7. Pekka Rinne
8. Anton Khudobin
9. Mikko Koskinen
10. Henrik Lundqvist

Bishop was 11

When you factor in special teams, Markstrom + Merzlikins rise for 2019-20, Rinne falls hard.

Bobrovsky, Lehner and Kuemper rise in the combined standings factoring in for special teams, Rinne falls again.

All I took away from that was that my goalie is extremely good

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
All I took away from that was that my goalie is extremely good

Your goalie is helped by a team-friendly system - and when that system breaks down, he does quite a great job at bailing them out.

So yep, Bishop is good.

Also time to lock this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad