LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
here we go! booze vs booze :D

qaZddRl.png
Bring it on!

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Hey all, could use one more player for our Fantasy Keepers league on ESPN. Draft is tonight at 8 PM Central. This will be the third year active. If interested, please PM me. Thanks! :)

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Hey all, could use one more player for our Fantasy Keepers league on ESPN. Draft is tonight at 8 PM Central. This will be the third year active. If interested, please PM me. Thanks! :)
Would i be taking over an existing team? or how do the keepers work?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Would i be taking over an existing team? or how do the keepers work?

I am in this league, not sure if you will be new or take over existing. The way it worked last year is the teams that chose not to keep players got 4 picks before those who chose to keep 4 players. So I am assuming that is how it would work.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Ok.

It simply can't be ignored that there have been 3 hat tricks in the first 2 nights of the season, and all 3 of those players are on Bobby Ortuzzo's team. (McDavid, Simmonds, and Saad) I can't say I've ever seen that in any fantasy league. Somehow I'm only 5 goals behind, but you're on pace for 66 goals this matchup. I can't compete :ha:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Ok.

It simply can't be ignored that there have been 3 hat tricks in the first 2 nights of the season, and all 3 of those players are on Bobby Ortuzzo's team. (McDavid, Simmonds, and Saad) I can't say I've ever seen that in any fantasy league. Somehow I'm only 5 goals behind, but you're on pace for 66 goals this matchup. I can't compete :ha:
Yeah...I couldn't help but laugh at that lol. Hopefully I get that kind of production all year!

Ironically, my other league I'm in my team has 0 goals and 9 assists through 2 days :laugh:

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
The NHL has been averaging two hat tricks a night. Hopefully Vladi Tarasenko has one of them in the home opener Saturday.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Ok.

You've been getting some insane production across the board, though. Neither of us in my matchup are getting much of anything, which I guess means it's good that the two of us are matched up this week.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
You've been getting some insane production across the board, though. Neither of us in my matchup are getting much of anything, which I guess means it's good that the two of us are matched up this week.
Yeah, except my goalies. I can't complain thus far.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
When I was picking a goalie I was seriously debating taking Murray over Bobrovsky. Dodged that bullet.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
The Pens are 2 games in, they will be fine. Murray will end the year as a top 10 goalie

Of course the Pens will be fine. But with respect to fantasy, when we're playing one game a week instead of 82, dropping one hurts a lot more.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Of course the Pens will be fine. But with respect to fantasy, when we're playing one game a week instead of 82, dropping one hurts a lot more.

Every goalie out there is gonna have a few bad weeks, still don't know how it's dodging a bullet, but to each their own. Hope his shutout wasn't too detrimental to whoever ended up drafting him ;)

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Every goalie out there is gonna have a few bad weeks, still don't know how it's dodging a bullet, but to each their own. Hope his shutout wasn't too detrimental to whoever ended up drafting him ;)

Goaltending is the only thing keeping me afloat right now. We'll see how it looks by the end of the week.

Edit: I should note my bias for bad starts with respect to volatile positions--the only time I've played any sort of fantasy sports was MLB in 2013. I debated Verlander vs. Kershaw, picked Verlander, and he had a pretty lousy year for such a high pick, while Kershaw cemented himself as the best pitcher in the league. I ended up finishing 2nd by the narrowest of margins =\

Last edited:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
So how is everyone’s team(s)/league(s) going? In one of the HFBlues yahoo leagues. Not good at all, first time I have done hockey in the Head to Head category and it has not been kind to my usual strategy. I think next year I’m just gonna stick with the points leagues. In keeper Blues league, I started off horrible. 1-6 in the first 7 weeks. Since then I have won 8 in a row. We will see how long my luck will last.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So how is everyone’s team(s)/league(s) going? In one of the HFBlues yahoo leagues. Not good at all, first time I have done hockey in the Head to Head category and it has not been kind to my usual strategy. I think next year I’m just gonna stick with the points leagues. In keeper Blues league, I started off horrible. 1-6 in the first 7 weeks. Since then I have won 8 in a row. We will see how long my luck will last.
Honestly.... IDK, I forgot all about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad