Fantasy keeper Draft top 10 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafontaine2Mogilny

Sep 2, 2004
Who would you guys pick from this yrs crop in a keeper draft?(Goalies and D-men count too). Hypothetically you have the number 3, 7 and 10 pick...who are you looking to nab?? My top 10 would be in order...
1.AO
2.Malkin
3.Schremp
4.Tukonen
5.Ladd
6.Radulov
7.Montoya
8.Schwarz
9.Barker
10.Picard

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
canada99 said:
Who would you guys pick from this yrs crop in a keeper draft?(Goalies and D-men count too). Hypothetically you have the number 3, 7 and 10 pick...who are you looking to nab?? My top 10 would be in order...
1.AO
2.Malkin
3.Schremp
4.Tukonen
5.Ladd
6.Radulov
7.Montoya
8.Schwarz
9.Barker
10.Picard

we just did a draft in my FHL and this is how the top 10 shook down:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Ladd
4. Montoya
5. Barker
6. Schwarz
7. Thelen
8. Tukonen
9. Schremp
10. Smid

Obviously people took some players due to a certain positional need... i myself owned a lot of picks in the top 10 (6,8,9,10) - i was pretty stoked to come away with Schwarz, Tukonen, Schremp and Smid :D

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Assuming AO and Malkin are gone, I'd take Barker at #3. He'll generate points and PIM's down the line, and will be very valuable.

Ladd, Tukonen, Olesz, Picard, Stafford and Radulov are all options from 7 to 10, and I'd prioritize them in that order.

I wouldn't touch Schremp in the top 10.

Praline

Jun 9, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Our FHL top ten went like this:

1 Alexander Ovechkin
2 Evgeni Malkin
3 Cam Barker
4 Boris Valabik
5 Andrew Ladd
6 Lauri Tukonen
7 Ladislav Smid
8 A.J. Thelen
9 Marek Schwarz
10 Alexander Picarde

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
I guess it would depend on how your keeper league works in terms of your draft picks. Are you able to keep them for a certain number of years in like a minor league system and then call them up? How long do you have before you have to make a decision as to whether or not give them a roster spot? I have seen leagues where there is minor league and you are given 3 years for forwards, 4 for D men, and 5 for goaltenders. By that year you have to either put that player in your active roster or cut them loose. Using that criteria, you obviously want to draft players who you feel WILL be in the NHL by that time. My top 10 would look like this...

1 AO
2 Malkin
3 Tukonen
4 Schwarz
5 Ladd
6 Montoya
7 Schremp
8 Radulov
9 Olesz
10 Picard

Notables:

Meszaros
Korpikoski
Wolski
Thelen

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Puckhead said:
I guess it would depend on how your keeper league works in terms of your draft picks. Are you able to keep them for a certain number of years in like a minor league system and then call them up? How long do you have before you have to make a decision as to whether or not give them a roster spot? I have seen leagues where there is minor league and you are given 3 years for forwards, 4 for D men, and 5 for goaltenders. By that year you have to either put that player in your active roster or cut them loose. Using that criteria, you obviously want to draft players who you feel WILL be in the NHL by that time. My top 10 would look like this...

1 AO
2 Malkin
3 Tukonen
4 Schwarz
5 Ladd
6 Montoya
7 Schremp
8 Radulov
9 Olesz
10 Picard

Notables:

Meszaros