Movies: Fantasy Island

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
do the have to f*** with all my childhood?

sorry--the OG show was a morality tale--some good some bad and sometimes causes you to think--sure a lot of the time it was bubble gum--but sometimes they got sneaky with what they did

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looks terrible

Was never fan of original honestly though haven't seen them in probably 25 years. Could be better if I was able to sit down and watch them nowadays

I watched 98 series and thought it had potential but it was cancelled after only a year

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't get it. What's the purpose of remaking or rebooting something that only Baby Boomers and Generation Xers will be familiar with, but targeting it at millennials? Do they somehow think that that will bring out both demographics to make the film a hit?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't get it. What's the purpose of remaking or rebooting something that only Baby Boomers and Generation Xers will be familiar with, but targeting it at millennials? Do they somehow think that that will bring out both demographics to make the film a hit?
Why would I have to be familiar with an old movie to enjoy it? I know nothing about the 70s movie nor do I care to, this movie looks like it could be interesting.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Why would I have to be familiar with an old movie to enjoy it? I know nothing about the 70s movie nor do I care to, this movie looks like it could be interesting.

I didn't say that you would have to be. You do have to go to see it before you can enjoy it, though, and having no familiarity with it might keep some people from going to see it. BTW, it's based on a TV show, not a movie.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't say that you would have to be. You do have to go to see it before you can enjoy it, though, and having no familiarity with it might keep some people from going to see it. BTW, it's based on a TV show, not a movie.
Based on the trailer I already know the gist of the movie, I don't think the experience will be ruined a bit if I'm familiar with the show or not :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad